British Speedway Forum
andy1980

Chris Morton - An Absolute Legend.

If its a picture of him leading 3 others into the 1st turn then it must be a fake.

Quality rider like PC when in doubt grab another handful and go through the gap

• Like 1

I don't post on here very often but I just thought I must share this story showing what a top bloke Chris Morton is:

I ordered some artwork as a Christmas gift off the Bellevue website, however, when it arrived it was the wrong picture (the evidence does seem to point to me accidentally selecting the wrong one). Anyway upon receiving the artwork I emailed them to see if there was anyway that I could get the correct one before Christmas. After a couple of emails back and forth with the person who runs the shop they asked for my number so we could sort out a somewhere to meet.

I was massively surprised when I answered the phone to hear that it was Chris Morton on the line, he'd gone and got my artwork and wanted to arrange where and when was convenient for me to meet him so I could get the gift in time for Christmas.

When I met him to get the gift I asked if he would mind signing the artwork, which he happily did. Speedway is an exceptional sport made up of exceptional people but I do think that he really did go the extra mile (literally) driving way out of his way on a dreary winters evening just to ensure my dad gets his Christmas gift on time. I've now got an excellent gift, signed by a top bloke and great story to tell which really does sum up the spirit of Christmas. Thank you Chris.

Merry Christmas

He spoke to me when manager of belle vue when at Swindon a couple of years ago he signed a couple of old pictures for me .He took time to explain to a few of us how the new stadium issue was going, honest give us time that meant alot to me.As i know how good Morton was as a rider awesome at Hyde Rd that ride when he took Carter from the back in the Northern Riders champs will stick in my mind for ever great rider nice bloke.

Well done Chris Morton and Belle Vue Speedway...

That's the way to treat your customers :t:

• Like 5

I remember seeing Chris win, as I recall, the Intercontinental Final on World Of Sport in around 80 or 81 I think. He was breathtaking when at full chat, as he was that day.

Nothing you say about Mort is a surprise I gent and a great rider which don't often come together in this sport,i am old enough to have seen it all from the start.In a set of orange leathers he came on leaps and bounds at Ellesmere Port in 1973 and his final year at Sheffield(1993) when he called it a day because he had decided he was not good enough by his own standards.

This doesn't surprise me, Chris Morton has always been a top bloke, on and off the bike....

A great rider to watch and a great person to deal with, albeit a long time ago.

I don't post on here very often but I just thought I must share this story showing what a top bloke Chris Morton is:

I ordered some artwork as a Christmas gift off the Bellevue website, however, when it arrived it was the wrong picture (the evidence does seem to point to me accidentally selecting the wrong one). Anyway upon receiving the artwork I emailed them to see if there was anyway that I could get the correct one before Christmas. After a couple of emails back and forth with the person who runs the shop they asked for my number so we could sort out a somewhere to meet.

I was massively surprised when I answered the phone to hear that it was Chris Morton on the line, he'd gone and got my artwork and wanted to arrange where and when was convenient for me to meet him so I could get the gift in time for Christmas.

When I met him to get the gift I asked if he would mind signing the artwork, which he happily did. Speedway is an exceptional sport made up of exceptional people but I do think that he really did go the extra mile (literally) driving way out of his way on a dreary winters evening just to ensure my dad gets his Christmas gift on time. I've now got an excellent gift, signed by a top bloke and great story to tell which really does sum up the spirit of Christmas. Thank you Chris.

Merry Christmas

Great post. Morton is a true gent. Simple as.

Do you mind if I share this on my belle Vue forum?????

• Like 1

Great post. Morton is a true gent. Simple as.

Do you mind if I share this on my belle Vue forum?????

With pleasure. Share away.

Top Bloke.

Very good of Chris to do this, well done.

Have to ask though ....... does your dad read the internet as hewould now know what he is going to uwrap !!

Good story, Chris does get some negativity so its good to hear a positive story, i can still picture him about to take the opposition coming off the fourth bend on the last lap of heat 13 at Hyde road, along with PC a spectacular racer, how riders like these would add to the well televised GP series of today, one of the Belle Vue all time greats.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 2