British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
London Racer

Dougie Harris Rip

Yes, Doug was a smashing fella, who was popular with officials and riders alike. Loved his ciggies, loved his speedway and loved his Smallmead. RIP Doug.

R.I.P.Dougie I got to work with him for 1 year when I was employed as assistant trackman /general dogsbody by Jim Lynch for the Racers as other people have said he was very protective of his track but I still managed to learn a few new things once we got to know each other a very good bloke he will be sadly missed by a lot of Reading fans .

Only heard of this sad news yesterday :( R.I.P Dougie, a lovely man well thought of by all at Reading.

Funeral arrangements for Dougie:

DOUGIE HARRIS

Passed away peacefully at home on 11th January 2014 aged 77 years.

Funeral service to take place on Tuesday 28th January 2014 at Reading Crematorium, South Chapel for 2.30pm.

No flowers, but donations, if desired, made payable to the British Lung Foundation may be sent c/o

Richard Lloyd Funeral Services, 1-2 The Parade, Coppice Road, Woodley, Reading RG5 3RB

The full address of the Reading Crematorium is:

55 All Hallows Road

Caversham

Reading

RG4 5LP

Tel: 0118 937 2200

Fabulous turn out for Doug today. With lots of former Reading officials, riders and staff including Armando Castagna who flew in from Italy.

Wonderful send off to a lovely guy who spent countless hours doing track work at Reading.

Edited by The H Man
  • Like 2