British Speedway Forum
hagonshocker

Rosco Team Gb Boss

I think Middlo made the correct decision to leave when he did because some mistakes were made in selection and it would appear he got feed up with all the flack!? However, that's the price you have to pay when you are in the public eye so now he's gone and we move on.

The position needed a new man at the helm to inject some energy and passion back into the team and I wish Rosco and the GB team he assembles the very best of luck.

• Like 2

While I think that Rosco will have his heart on his sleeve with the job, and give it all that he can. I think there was a bit of old boys network again. Best of luck to him but I bet somewhere the BSPA will be pulling strings as usual, and at any meetings the Blazer brigade will be there in force parading around like Peacocks. But I bet if Rosco asked for some funds to cover a load of testing around Europe to get a team gelled and firing on all cylinders ready for action, to so be called promoters will be gone with a cursary sorry old boy.

Looking forward or back, I feel that if Phil Morris had been given the job provided he was not involved in a league team, he will have had all the opportunity to travel and watch many riders in both leagues, Working with the under 21's as well, he would have continued his programme of development correctly with out haveing to use favorites.

The Team needs sponsors as an entity, both Snrs and Jnrs, money for development and training, Team bonding, Group sessions, access to a track regularly for try outs and bike testing. What ever happens it all depends on funds, give the boys a pay check as well.

Best of luck to Rosco but his hands will be tied somewhat, and I think we may have missed the boat with Phl M. perhaps they should work together and consolidate the effort.

Maybe the BSPA wanted to have a totally new senior Team GB set-up by appointing Rosco.

Many seem to conveniently forget that the senior Team GB management team in previous seasons was Middlo AND Morris!!. (and that's not a pop at Wizzer, before he gets upset with me again!)

Morris and Vatcher are proving their worth with the youngsters and will still be part of the overall set-up, working with Rosco and allowing him to focus on the seniors! :t:

Maybe the BSPA wanted to have a totally new senior Team GB set-up by appointing Rosco.

Many seem to conveniently forget that the senior Team GB management team in previous seasons was Middlo AND Morris!!. (and that's not a pop at Wizzer, before he gets upset with me again!)

Morris and Vatcher are proving their worth with the youngsters and will still be part of the overall set-up, working with Rosco and allowing him to focus on the seniors! :t:

As Mrs. Brown would say - "can we not ditch the fe**ing name". :mad: :mad:

It really IS absolutely dreadful. :mad: :mad:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

While I think that Rosco will have his heart on his sleeve with the job, and give it all that he can. I think there was a bit of old boys network again. Best of luck to him but I bet somewhere the BSPA will be pulling strings as usual, and at any meetings the Blazer brigade will be there in force parading around like Peacocks. But I bet if Rosco asked for some funds to cover a load of testing around Europe to get a team gelled and firing on all cylinders ready for action, to so be called promoters will be gone with a cursary sorry old boy. Looking forward or back, I feel that if Phil Morris had been given the job provided he was not involved in a league team, he will have had all the opportunity to travel and watch many riders in both leagues, Working with the under 21's as well, he would have continued his programme of development correctly with out haveing to use favorites. The Team needs sponsors as an entity, both Snrs and Jnrs, money for development and training, Team bonding, Group sessions, access to a track regularly for try outs and bike testing. What ever happens it all depends on funds, give the boys a pay check as well. Best of luck to Rosco but his hands will be tied somewhat, and I think we may have missed the boat with Phl M. perhaps they should work together and consolidate the effort.

Access to a track in this country, you are having a larf. If you can dodge the Greyhounds or pay the Track Curator to have a day off work without being sacked, and find the aditional staff plus pay the St Johns then you've done very well. Just won't happen.. But don't expect the BSPA to contrabute..

How about Scunthorpe, or the track where the SWC will be held, Lynn? Both can be hired on a variety of days throughout the season.

The biggest problem will be getting all of the riders together during the season at the same time but perhaps it can be done over a couple of sessions. And certainly a few days in early March before the season starts can be arranged.

Its no longer acceptable for everybody to rock up on the day of a Test match or SWC round and expect things to just happen IMO.

• Like 3

How about Scunthorpe, or the track where the SWC will be held, Lynn? Both can be hired on a variety of days throughout the season.

The biggest problem will be getting all of the riders together during the season at the same time but perhaps it can be done over a couple of sessions. And certainly a few days in early March before the season starts can be arranged.

Its no longer acceptable for everybody to rock up on the day of a Test match or SWC round and expect things to just happen IMO.

Still think your dreaming mate..

Access to a track in this country, you are having a larf. If you can dodge the Greyhounds or pay the Track Curator to have a day off work without being sacked, and find the aditional staff plus pay the St Johns then you've done very well. Just won't happen.. But don't expect the BSPA to contrabute..

Why would the Track Curator need to take a day off if the track is being used then He must be wanted on site for obvious reasons

So what went wrong. Since the day of Collins and Lee etc. One lack of funding.

Two not enough being done to bring on young British riders, they race in the NL if lucky get a place in the PL.

Three No training or get togethers for the team, so they can get used to riding with each other, it is about two riders working as a team not an individual. This year the youngsters may learn a bit from the senior riders in the EL, if they don't then who can you blame other than the senior riders not showing any interest in the young riders.

They may not have enough time this year to do anything to stop the rot that has set in with British speedway.

Hopefully things will get better, if these youngsters are brought on as they should be.

In a couple of years we may just have a British team that we can be proud of.

With Phil Morris working with the U21s U19s AND u16s. Hopefully this should if done right will bring on some good riders. That is if they are given the chance to ride in the top flight of British speedway. Get them riding second string in the EL instead of bringing in riders from other countries, some who could not care less if they ride with pride for the teams they race for, or just to get a ride in the EL.

Seen some terrible races in the past few years on Sky where the riders may just have stayed at home.

You could have gotten just the same effect if you had taken someone from off the side of the track and put them on a bike.

Lets hope that 2014 and the next couple of years bring us some riders that will be proud to race for thier country and maybe will just be winners again and not a bunch of no hopers.

What a sad lot we are.

Still think your dreaming mate..

Why? The Danes do it every year, why can't we?

Rob Lyon managed to do it pre-season when he was in charge a few years back.

You seem to concentrate on things which are negative and can't be done, how about a bit of positive and practical thinking?

• Like 1

Why would the Track Curator need to take a day off if the track is being used then He must be wanted on site for obvious reasons

Hello, the likelyhood being, the track curator and additional staff will have a full time jobs, which it will mean him/them taking a day off from that job if he can to prepare the track for the practice, then after several grades during the day, after practice he will have to pull the track back again, Do you think his employers will let him take a day off at random, even as an Annual leave day to do that, and will the club involved or the BSPA compensate him/them for that day. even if he has a deputy, he may not be able to take the day of at a drop of a hat, Do you understand that???

Why? The Danes do it every year, why can't we?

Rob Lyon managed to do it pre-season when he was in charge a few years back.

You seem to concentrate on things which are negative and can't be done, how about a bit of positive and practical thinking?

Ask the Danes, perhaps they will enlighten you... No, on the contary, i would love to see us kick the Aussies Dane's and poles backsides, and not have to worry about scraping past the USA and Latvians, by a nostral, but untill this country, or should i say parts of the powers that be start opening there eyes to it, it will never happen. This country is not, professional enough.

Edited by Starman2006

Hello, the likelyhood being, the track curator and additional staff will have a full time jobs, which it will mean him/them taking a day off from that job if he can to prepare the track for the practice, then after several grades during the day, after practice he will have to pull the track back again, Do you think his employers will let him take a day off at random, even as an Annual leave day to do that, and will the club involved or the BSPA compensate him/them for that day. even if he has a deputy, he may not be able to take the day of at a drop of a hat, Do you understand that???

If Lynn have about 30-odd meeting this seaosn at home over the two leagues, I dont think 1 more day is going to kill the track man. How do these guys cope with rains offs and hastily re-arranged meetings.

I'm sure that they'll cope.

If Lynn have about 30-odd meeting this seaosn at home over the two leagues, I dont think 1 more day is going to kill the track man. How do these guys cope with rains offs and hastily re-arranged meetings.

I'm sure that they'll cope.

Your still missing the point...

Edited by Starman2006

What is the point then? You said I was dreaming earlier when I suggested a collective practice /training day(s) but haven't said why.

I'm not talking about beating the Poles, Danes or Aussies yet but we should be beating the Yanks and Latvia, and to that end we need to be as prepared as possible to give us every chance, which means training sessions, test matches and any other get-togethers which van be arranged.

Time for 'can do' attitudes rather than can't do.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3