British Speedway Forum
T.N.T.

How Would You Do It ?

Promoters do know what the race format is to be. Designs for matchday programmes and race cards are already underway - at some clubs - for the new season, so I'm sure that's not the reason for MF to delay the final announcement!

If, what you say is true, then it is very worrying that the BSPA deems it right to keep it away from the supporters and the media.

Any sensible organisation would want all the input they could get to benefit a new plan. If this is to be a success they want anyone on board ASAP. To treat the fans with such contempt, is a recipe of disaster.

• Like 1

Whats the rush, there are no meetings for a couple of months yet!!!

Clubs were offering cheaper prices on season tickets if they were brought early yet I know Swindon fans who didn't take advantage of this because they want to see the race format or even know how many heats are going to be in it.

You really think speedway doesn't lose fans because they choose to keep fans in the dark every season then you are seriously deluded.

• Like 5

Its a good resevre and a good top 2 that win things IMO because them 3 riders all get 5 rides. With the reserves being out of the equation I'd still like to see a strong top 2 and its why I think Lynn look good, they have two good reserves and a very good top 2.

Clubs were offering cheaper prices on season tickets if they were brought early yet I know Swindon fans who didn't take advantage of this because they want to see the race format or even know how many heats are going to be in it.

You really think speedway doesn't lose fans because they choose to keep fans in the dark every season then you are seriously deluded.

I didn't think you were going anyway - from your previous posts - so whats it to you??

Clubs will be offering season tickets before they've completed their 1-7s. Whatever next?

Edited by Skidder1

I didn't think you were going anyway - from your previous posts - so whats it to you??

Clubs will be offering season tickets before they've completed their 1-7s. Whatever next?

Whether I go or not will be down to how I feel about the sport & how it is run.

Family finances dictate my reasons & guess when you become an adult you will have to make choices also.

Its a good resevre and a good top 2 that win things IMO because them 3 riders all get 5 rides. With the reserves being out of the equation I'd still like to see a strong top 2 and its why I think Lynn look good, they have two good reserves and a very good top 2.

Poole have 2 very good reserves too but nobody knows who one of them is yet :lol:

Matt 'The Magician' Fraud will have this sorted by May

Family finances dictate my reasons & guess when you become an adult you will have to make choices also.

:D

With reserves NOT getting new averages, it will be interesting to see how team orders come into play when they are riding alongside a second string.

Take the Belle Vue missing rider. For example purposes, lets call him JOE BLOGGS. He gets helped home by a reserve twice scoring 5 points from those two races and has only beaten a reserve twice so far. Add to that the odd point where he could gain through exclusions and this 3.00 rider could be averaging around 5 a match thanks to his partners team riding abilities.

Once he gets a new muc inflated average, how long will it be before he is replaced by a true 5 point rider ?

Edited by T.N.T.

With reserves NOT getting new averages, it will be interesting to see how team orders come into play when they are riding alongside a second string.

Take the Belle Vue missing rider. For example purposes, lets call him JOE BLOGGS. He gets helped home by Jason Garrity twice scoring 5 points from those two races and has only beaten a reserve twice so far. Add to that the odd point where he could gain through exclusions and this 3.00 rider could be averaging around 5 a match thanks to his partners team riding abilities.

Once he gets a new muc inflated average, how long will it be before he is replaced by a true 5 point rider ?

Why would Jason Garrity help him?

He rides for Coventry.

Post edited. Meant RESERVE but was thinking how Kyle Howath could be in the same boat as Jason Garrity could shield him home twice giving Howarth a 5-6 point average just by mainly beating a few reserves

Howarth will beat any of the reserve tbh, the only way his average will be effected is will he won't he beat Garrity.

But as I posted on the BV thread, any PL 5 pointer should be capable of beating the two reserves in the race he meets them twice to average 4 in the EL. Then BV can bring in a 4 point rider. The 4 pointer can then beat the reserves for 4 points and get the better of the second string 2 or 3 times and he gets a 6 point average.... Its why I think Lynn have got it right with Lambert, he'll get 4 point beating NL riders, anything else is a bonus but it does then mean they saved points to have a good 2nd heatleader in Bjerre.

could nt agree more cov in 2010 kk Harris and shamek pawlicki got75% of covs points in the final,same which won poole title ward Hancock and josh at reserve,and this yr its hard with the reserves being quite week but garrity,newman,kerr are the better ones so automatically those teams are in with a shot and cov,poole,kl hav plenty of scoring power from there top 2 aswell assuming shamek signs for poole.

Ward 9.07

woffinden 9.20

ljung 5.61

mikkelsen 5.00

lambert 3.00

Total 31.88 best team you would get imo plenty of top end power and lower potential all bottom 3 cud at 2pts to average

Edited by PTW

could nt agree more cov in 2010 kk Harris and shamek pawlicki got75% of covs points in the final,same which won poole title ward Hancock and josh at reserve,and this yr its hard with the reserves being quite week but garrity,newman,kerr are the better ones so automatically those teams are in with a shot and cov,poole,kl hav plenty of scoring power from there top 2 aswell assuming shamek signs for poole.

Ward 9.07

woffinden 9.20

ljung 5.61

mikkelsen 5.00

lambert 3.00

Total 31.88 best team you would get imo plenty of top end power and lower potential all bottom 3 cud at 2pts to average

Like that team, would consider swapping woffy and mich for zagar and worrall.

Think the optimum team has strong top two plus Lambert. Then either third heat leader and low average second string with potentisl, or two good second strings with potential yo be third heat leader stsndsrd.

An all brit team was unfortunately 0.02 over otherwise

Woffy, cook, harris, worrall, lambert looked decent.

Poole have 2 very good reserves too but nobody knows who one of them is yet :lol:

Matt 'The Magician' Fraud will have this sorted by May

There's a chance he might come from Scunthorpe????!!!! :D

Whether I go or not will be down to how I feel about the sport & how it is run.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

With your permission I'll keep this post and look at it again when I start collecting my state pension in May, when I and 2 others will continue to enjoy our paid-for weekly fix of live speedway! :t:

• Like 1

Ward 9.07

Doyle 7.30

Milik 4.00

Michelsen 5.00

Bech 5.05

I'd go for an out and out no.1 and steady improving 2nd heat leader and then 3 riders all looking to make progress in the sport and likely to add points onto the average.