British Speedway Forum
screm

Premier League 4's 2014-peterborough 03/08

Havent seen any news where or when the 2014 4s will be held,I hope its still held at Peterborough and it would make sense to stage on July 27th,the day after Event 1 in the SWC being held at Kings Lynn.

Havent seen any news where or when the 2014 4s will be held,I hope its still held at Peterborough and it would make sense to stage on July 27th,the day after Event 1 in the SWC being held at Kings Lynn.

Its shame they couldn't do the PL4's on the 27th there would have been quite few people that would have gone to both.

• Like 1

Peterborough, Sunday 3rd August. www.speedwaygb.co/plfours.html

It only says provional,hopefully sense will prevail and it will be brought forward a week.It bound to attract more fans having it the day after the SWC Event at Kings Lynn.

• Like 1

It only says provional,hopefully sense will prevail and it will be brought forward a week.It bound to attract more fans having it the day after the SWC Event at Kings Lynn.

Come on Screm you know the forum rules

No and that means NO sensible posts

• Like 1

Come on Screm you know the forum rules

No and that means NO sensible posts

Speaking of forum rules,can I just point out that I didnt start this thread,I posted on last years PL Fours thread,it would appear the Mods have moved it to start a new thread.

Id like to go to the Fours,and the SWC event at Kings Lynn but because of the travelling involved couldnt or wouldnt want to do both as seperate meetings.I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Peterborough & Kings Lynn last year and would love to do the same this,as I think would many fans from up this way.

The Showground is full of god botherer's the weekend before

Cant we share,after all the Lord doth often work in mysterious ways,anyway if its on a sunday shouldnt the God botherers be repenting their sins in a church somewhere.

I for one will be giving the meeting a miss after the endurance test we all suffered in 2013 .

I for one will be giving the meeting a miss after the endurance test we all suffered in 2013 .

It certainly was a long afternoon and evening, but IMO everything conspired against the organisers,track watering and injured riders were the main delay and understandably so but the referee that day could certainly have speeded things up at times.

It wont work day after SWC at Lynn as riders cannot race any other meeting once their SWC campaign starts per FIM rules without becoming ineligible for rest of tournament. Therefore riders like Craig Cook, Ben Barker, Edward Kennett, Ryan Fisher, Jason Doyle and Ricky Wells would not be able to do the fours unless they forego their spot in the competition. Even the third is tight if GB, Aus or USA makes the final, especially with the 3rd being the rain date for the SWC final. Last year it didn't affect matters as the fours was day before Lynn semi and riders only cannot race other meetings once the tournament starts.

• Like 1

It certainly was a long afternoon and evening, but IMO everything conspired against the organisers,track watering and injured riders were the main delay and understandably so but the referee that day could certainly have speeded things up at times.

I was on holiday and missed it , but i heard it went on forever . Then to add insult to injury , Edinburgh won it :shock: . Was i ever glad to be on holiday that day :wink: But Peterborough is the best place for it , cracking race track in comfortable surroundings .

Although, on the plus side, we all got a nice tan. 30C and glorious sunshine all day.

• Like 1