British Speedway Forum
screm

Premier League 4's 2014-peterborough 03/08

Nice to see Somerset win the 4's after being robbed of the pairs.

I see Cook had a shocker that must have hurt his ego. Good job he wasnt in Bydgoscz. Still say his career has stalled this season but hey ho.

Obsessed.com

40 riders on the day, and you still go on about Cook. (I am sure you know he had a big smash on Friday which left both Max Fricke, and himself very 2nd hand, with Max ultimately not being able to take his place)

I read that Olliver Allen was arguably the most impressive rider on the day, which is incredible after his big smash at Sheffield, and being a doubt to even being in the meeting.

Very well done to him, and his Somerset team mates.

It would be nice if you could look at the positives just for once.

PS, as you mention the PL Pairs, and the SWC Final, could you tell me what the difference was between the Pairs Final, and heat 19 of the SWC, as they both looked very similar incidents to me, with the same decision from the referees involved?

PPS, would Craig Cook have scored any less than Danny King, or Simon Stead?

Edited by Blacksmith
  • Like 1

On the whole I enjoyed the meeting yesterday, couple of delays we could've done without, firstly there was a problem with the tapes then the electrics. The problem when the electrics failed after Lindgren fell could've been very messy, thankfully the other three riders missed rider and bike when they came round for the following lap. I was sitting in the main stand, I thought the presentation was decent with lots of pit interviews, as well as interviews from the centre green during the interval about the Ben Fund.

On the racing itself, the two semi`s were good, with the Final being more than good with some excellent racing. I was hoping for a Scunthorpe win, but they seemed to run out of steam, Somerset were worthy winners and congratulations to them, hopefully yesterday made up for missing out on the Pairs a few weeks ago.

For my own team Berwick, their fate was decided after only a few heats of their semi, with the form Matty Whethers is in just now he should never have had a ride yesterday, though losing a steel shoe didn't help, and as he proved in his one and only ride Matej Kus should've had more than one ride, maybe Berwick`s involvement in the meeting would've lasted longer.

PS, as you mention the PL Pairs, and the SWC Final, could you tell me what the difference was between the Pairs Final, and heat 19 of the SWC, as they both looked very similar incidents to me, with the same decision from the referees involved?

And Olly Allen's off at Sheffield last week?

Was that not bend 2 lap 1? Can't be certain now - too long ago.

• Like 1

I was one of those Redcar fans :)

All good fun and we always had a good rep for making plenty of noise even as far back as the 70s/80s

It's all good natured banter though ;)

Very entertaining. Can always rely on Redcar fans to stoke it up.

I've posted a short video on Facebook.

• Like 1

Just checked the result, seems a few complaints about the dust and delays, but best team won and a good birthday present for Bill.

Just arrived home and found my girlfriend has gone to sleep.

Been sitting on your right hand to long then. :oops:

For those complaining about being search for food and drink today they did the same at King's Lynn last Saturday and there were notices up warning you they would check................seems to be the in thing these days............

Well done to Somerset on winning though............

RP

I took a bag in with food and drink in it, and was never searched.

And Olly Allen's off at Sheffield last week?

Was that not bend 2 lap 1? Can't be certain now - too long ago.

Never seen the crash, so can't comment on where it took place, just heard it was a bad one.

I did see the Pairs Final, and SWC though

Yes it was bend 2 lap 1. Olly had to change direction very slightly to avoid Richard Lawson, then the bike just took off.

Managed to arrive at Heat 7 of Semi Final 1 after being stuck on the M11 for 3 hours!

Thought of what I saw it was a very good meeting, they did well to prepare the track for the final and the right team won IMO. Special mention to Charles Wright who rode very well.

what a complete bunch of moaning sheep....its too breezy, the beers too expensive, its taking ages!!! why the need to be constantly entertained, relax on a warm summers day and think how much you'd prefer that to being at work on a Monday morning!

• Like 1

what a complete bunch of moaning sheep....its too breezy, the beers too expensive, its taking ages!!! why the need to be constantly entertained, relax on a warm summers day and think how much you'd prefer that to being at work on a Monday morning!

It was only warm when the sun appeared from behind the clouds. British people count days like that as a heat wave. The type of people who take caravan & camping holidays and pretend they're enjoying it.