British Speedway Forum
screm

Premier League 4's 2014-peterborough 03/08

I must admit I seem to have been at a different meeting to some.

It was a hot, windy day and if you run meetings during the afternoon on such days you get dust and I have rarely been to a track where that doesn't happen in such conditions. In truth, I thought the track staff did OK although the habit of raking the loose shale 3 feet away from the air fence should be stopped as it left a ridge out wide - one that Lasse Bjerre hit and complained about afterwards.

Four hours might seem a long time for a meeting but there were 28 heats. A normal meeting of 15 heats can often take two hours and given the additional track work involved (between the semi finals and final they spent about 30 minutes restoring the track to its starting condition) I'd say that isn't that far out. Indeed, the only really avoidable delay was due to the electrical faults.

I thought some of the racing was top class and that Somerset were deserved winners.

With some pleasant company thrown in, I thought it was a very entertaining meeting indeed.

• Like 3

Well, I enjoyed it. Some pretty good racing.

Well done to Somerset on the win and Worky on second.

And well done to Scunny for pipping Edinburgh to third place, despite having Scunny having two of their top three missing. That Monarchs lot are over-rated. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Workington is probably the only track that would of put up with wells for this long, he should of been dropped ages ago, my money is on him to still be with us at the end of the season, total lack of ambition by our management/promotion

We put up with him all year at Stoke in 2010...

Erm my first Fours meeting, no red lights was scary, particularly for Lindgren, flag marshalls should have just used their common sense.

Bloody dust was awful and nothing that more watering couldn't have sorted imo :-(

Congrats to Somerset! Some decent racing at the business end but could have been so much better if track had been controlled better, why water only every 4 heats, thought that was a TV thing????

Food and drink were at rip off prices, £2.50 for a small 99er!!!!

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

best thing about today was the sunshine. At least it made up for the shambles of the first half. Would have been really dire if it had been cold or dampish. the other consolation was.... we only live an hour away so we were not faced with a long drive home zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, I enjoyed it. Some pretty good racing.

Well done to Somerset on the win and Worky on second.

And well done to Scunny for pipping Edinburgh to third place, despite having Scunny having two of their top three missing. That Monarchs lot are over-rated. :wink:

All the best

Rob

What happened to Klindt today ?

I struggled from the car park with a two cool boxes packed with food & drink, but it was worth it. How long before the stadium owners cotton on to how much extra revenue they could make if they ban people from taking in their own food & drink?

Four hours might seem a long time for a meeting but there were 28 heats. A normal meeting of 15 heats can often take two hours and given the additional track work involved (between the semi finals and final they spent about 30 minutes restoring the track to its starting condition) I'd say that isn't that far out. Indeed, the only really avoidable delay was due to the electrical faults.

Didn't go partly because long, drawn out and dusty comes with the format on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure why some expect any different tbh?

Get on you Rebels!

Just rewards for Olly Allen who has been superb in the last few months and Charles Wright who has been our best all round rider this season. Chuffed to see Nick return to form and Pontus continue with his consistent solid self. Seems Brady chipped in as and when too, cracking team performance so chuffed as nuts for them.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 3

Didn't go partly because long, drawn out and dusty comes with the format on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure why some expect any different tbh?

I agree, we should know better, but surely putting water on a dust bowl of a track is not that difficult or to time consuming.

We had a long delay, so even I know with my limited knowledge,the track would have dried out in that time, so the tractor comes out to water again and some official looking clown runs on the centre green to stop him, end result is we have 2 races of getting covered in dust from head to toe and in every other possible place!

Doesn't matter about the paying customer, as long some stupid rule about watering isn't broken!

Expect some dust and a reasonably long afternoon but neither to the lengths we had today. Electrical problems can't necessarily be helped but more dirt and water would have meant less dust.

That said the racing towards the end made the afternoon worth it for me

I agree, we should know better, but surely putting water on a dust bowl of a track is not that difficult or to time consuming.

We had a long delay, so even I know with my limited knowledge,the track would have dried out in that time, so the tractor comes out to water again and some official looking clown runs on the centre green to stop him, end result is we have 2 races of getting covered in dust from head to toe and in every other possible place!

Doesn't matter about the paying customer, as long some stupid rule about watering isn't broken!

You ended up answering your own question!

The simple things seem to be the most difficult these days.

Edited by Crump99

GB's biggest gating tart musnt have been gating very well today looking at his score? For the ego he has, what a poor performance.

• Like 2