British Speedway Forum
screm

Premier League 4's 2014-peterborough 03/08

Didn't go partly because long, drawn out and dusty comes with the format on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure why some expect any different tbh?

Aside from the delays due to the electrics, I don't think it was drawn out.

I don't think that a 15 heat speedway match should take 2 hours but if frequently does. Double the number of races and throw in a major track repair and I'd say four hours is far from unreasonable.

As to the dust, it was a hot, windy day and the meeting was held in the afternoon. As you rightly say, what do people expect ?

• Like 1

This is news? You should've asked supporters of a side that were knocked out early for a more balanced view

To be fair the final was good entertainment, just a shame the Panthers were not involved.

• Like 1

I thought it was an entertaining meeting despite the electrical hold-ups, these were unfortunate. however I was prepared for a meeting of that many races and a break for track prep to take up to 4 hours, which was about right.

Congratulations to The Rebels who deserved to win, bit of a shout out to Scunthorpe who I thought rode surprisingly well.

The semi's were pretty poor, drawn out races, only 1 or 2 good heats. The final was better with a few good races. The delays made for a long afternoon, with the electrical problems being potentially dangerous when the red light didn't work. Why do riders need to return to the pits after a false start, and another 2 minute warning. The pit gate should be shut once the green light has gone on, with riders not allowed to have any alterations to be done, this would help to keep the meeting moving. All in all, not a bad day out.

• Like 1

Had a great day out at the 4's yesterday. Some good racing, especially in the final, met up with some friends and met Gordon Bennett for the first time. Particularly enjoyed the buoyant Redcar fans by the bar baiting the Worky fans during the final, cheers lads, very entertaining.

As far as the meeting presentation goes it could have been better. It was a struggle to hear the announcements and interviews, the dust was horrendous on the back straight but its an afternoon meeting and I wouldn't like to have to prepare a track and maintain it in the hot windy conditions that prevailed yesterday (top marks to the staff for their work in getting the track prepared for the final in 20-30 mins). You cant foresee electrical problems but maybe it could have been fixed a bit quicker it seemed to take forever? As far as the length of the meeting goes, it didn't particularly bother me. As far as I'm concerned we had sunshine, beer and some cracking speedway so whats to complain about, but then I didn't go by coach or rail. Certainly the meeting could have been hurried along with little things like not opening the pit gate for re runs and the ref putting the 2 mins on as soon as the previous heats riders have cleared the track. All in all though a thoroughly entertaining day as always.

Well done to the Rebels for their commanding performance in the final :t:

• Like 5

Thought the racing was good in the final. The referee stopped the track staff from watering the track more frequently, but nobody seems to know why. Only having 1 set of tapes was pathetic, as was watching the start marshal trying to repair them. Got 1 of the biggest cheers of the afternoon when he eventually repaired them, but shouldn't have been put in that position.

• Like 1

Had a great day out at the 4's yesterday. Some good racing, especially in the final, met up with some friends and met Gordon Bennett for the first time. Particularly enjoyed the buoyant Redcar fans by the bar baiting the Worky fans during the final, cheers lads, very entertaining.

As far as the meeting presentation goes it could have been better. It was a struggle to hear the announcements and interviews, the dust was horrendous on the back straight but its an afternoon meeting and I wouldn't like to have to prepare a track and maintain it in the hot windy conditions that prevailed yesterday (top marks to the staff for their work in getting the track prepared for the final in 20-30 mins). You cant foresee electrical problems but maybe it could have been fixed a bit quicker it seemed to take forever? As far as the length of the meeting goes, it didn't particularly bother me. As far as I'm concerned we had sunshine, beer and some cracking speedway so whats to complain about, but then I didn't go by coach or rail. Certainly the meeting could have been hurried along with little things like not opening the pit gate for re runs and the ref putting the 2 mins on as soon as the previous heats riders have cleared the track. All in all though a thoroughly entertaining day as always.

Well done to the Rebels for their commanding performance in the final :t:

I was one of those Redcar fans :)

All good fun and we always had a good rep for making plenty of noise even as far back as the 70s/80s

It's all good natured banter though ;)

• Like 1

I had a really good day out :) despite Peterborough not making the final. There was some quality racing, a good atmosphere and a nice bottle of red wine to enjoy.

Might take a week to get all the dust off me though!

Aside from the delays due to the electrics, I don't think it was drawn out.

I don't think that a 15 heat speedway match should take 2 hours but if frequently does. Double the number of races and throw in a major track repair and I'd say four hours is far from unreasonable.

As to the dust, it was a hot, windy day and the meeting was held in the afternoon. As you rightly say, what do people expect ?

Whether it's only 4 hours or not depends as an event on what time you arrive and get home? Also a factor was what fills the dead time and as a regular I wasn't prepared to take the risk. Many seem to use alcohol to dull the pain but as a non drinker I don't have that luxury either. Some seemed to enjoy it though so that's good for those who take the time and effort to participate and/or make the event happen to get some appreciation!

Whether it's only 4 hours or not depends as an event on what time you arrive and get home? Also a factor was what fills the dead time and as a regular I wasn't prepared to take the risk. Many seem to use alcohol to dull the pain but as a non drinker I don't have that luxury either. Some seemed to enjoy it though so that's good for those who take the time and effort to participate and/or make the event happen to get some appreciation!

I left at 9.00 am and got home 12 hours later !!

To be fair, that included a couple of hours or so in the pub before hand.

I'd maintain, though, that 4 hours isn't unreasonable for 28 heats using a normal league match as a yardstick.

I had something better than alcohol to while away the gaps : good company.

• Like 4

The track is too slick... the tannoy on the first bend ain't working... It's too beeezy, my chair falls over every time I get up

It'd be cold by the time you got there

You'd think it would be cold, but its not, just wrap it tight, jobs a good'un

Nice to see Somerset win the 4's after being robbed of the pairs.

I see Cook had a shocker that must have hurt his ego. Good job he wasnt in Bydgoscz. Still say his career has stalled this season but hey ho.

theres 1 or 2 worky fans that like to shout mainly on forums where they shoot everyone down who speaks the truth

and they also ware rose tinted glasses

but loudest fans or not the comets finished 2nd ahead of the smug monarchs and the loud shouting redcar

TRUTH :rofl::rofl: , not much voice today after all the shouting yesterday, Gucci glasses thanks :P ,

I was one of those Redcar fans :)

All good fun and we always had a good rep for making plenty of noise even as far back as the 70s/80s

It's all good natured banter though ;)

We tried but you's were cheating with that big bloody foghorn :nono::D

• Like 1

TRUTH :rofl::rofl: , not much voice today after all the shouting yesterday, Gucci glasses thanks :P ,

We tried but you's were cheating with that big bloody foghorn :nono::D

You wish, we didn't need it. You lot where no match for the mighty mighty bears fans :approve:

Edited by Drac