British Speedway Forum
screm

Premier League 4's 2014-peterborough 03/08

I have been told Mick Horton isn't running the Fours Finals at the Showground.

He surely wouldn't be. BSPA wouldn't touch him with a bargepole after Coventry debacle.

It will be promoted by the BSPA as a shared event, presumably using Peterboro's usual staff (but with others brought in as required).

So all should be well. No Health and Safety problems!

• Like 1

Just a question will Peterborough be actually in the meeting it's self. with Fisher been ruled out injured and his replacement (if they get one) not doing enough meetings and as mentioned before Dryml been unavailable. Surely the averages of Bjerre, Ostergaard, Blackbird and Jacobs or Barrett won't be enough for them to be in the top 8 team averages surely.

Edited by Superstar1

Just a question will Peterborough be actually in the meeting it's self. with Fisher been ruled out injured and his replacement (if they get one) not doing enough meetings and as mentioned before Dryml been unavailable. Surely the averages of Bjerre, Ostergaard, Blackbird and Jacobs or Barrett won't be enough for them to be in the top 8 team averages surely.

No matter what the averages say I am sure Peterborough will be in, wouldn't like to be the team who could've been there though.

Maybe if Peterborough don't fit averagewise its a reason to have it at a Central neutral venue and Coventry fits the bill.

Maybe if Peterborough don't fit averagewise its a reason to have it at a Central neutral venue and Coventry fits the bill.

Coventry doesn't fit the bill for those who have already booked hotels in Peterborough, surely the good old BSPA wouldn't change venues this late.

Coventry is a perfectly good place for the 4`s, but maybe next year.

Is it just coincidental that Danny King gets a proper average after this meeting??? :P

hope that it stays dry then!

I would think that "if" Peterborough are not in the top 8, then the qualifying criteria will be announced as the top 7 + 1 wildcard entry selected by the BSPA.

That's used to be the criteria, but most host teams qualified without the need of a "wildcard" entry, so the published qualifying criteria seams to have quietly disappeared. I would imagine the reason the criteria isn't published is because of the controversy and discussion that would take place on forums like this one.

If Peterborough are not in then I won't be attending.

Bugger off.

Thats sealed the deal no Peterborough in tbe semis. no twats excluding myself ! obviously in the stadium.

After last years 4s you won't see me attending the meeting again . I've better things to do with 6 hours on a Sunday afternoon .

After last years 4s you won't see me attending the meeting again . I've better things to do with 6 hours on a Sunday afternoon .

Mick is in charge this year, he is an entrpreneur with lots of skills.

I feel where you're coming from but I mean come on, they were exceptional hold ups following a VERY high speed crash, one in which both riders needed medical assistance/ ambulances. 2012 ran impeccably :approve:

• Like 1

Disappointed not to have my team taking part again, but in all honesty we'd probably be an embarrassment.

I'll still be going as B4e's Bandits will be on track. Always an enjoyable day since they moved the 4's back to Peterborough. Easy track to get to for us.

can any statos out there who knows how clubs qualify try and hazard a guess at who will be in ?

Disappointed not to have my team taking part again, but in all honesty we'd probably be an embarrassment.

I'll still be going as B4e's Bandits will be on track. Always an enjoyable day since they moved the 4's back to Peterborough. Easy track to get to for us.

you must know something as no notification has been given as to who will be in the 4's, going by current averages Berwick might miss out