British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

Will be held Sunday 23rd March at Brandon.

Edited by woz01

with a new name (no'League' in the title) - and a new format?!

Presumably that will allow some riders from last /previous season(s) to take part?!

I wonder if Holder/Lindgren/Hancock etc will be asked to take part? ....and will they agree?

with a new name (no'League' in the title) - and a new format?!

Presumably that will allow some riders from last /previous season(s) to take part?!

I wonder if Holder/Lindgren/Hancock etc will be asked to take part? ....and will they agree?

Lets hope so. I'm sure they will live to take part to just before the GP.

But I'd only invite riders tat was involved in last years elite league

Edited by Phil The Ace

"...a re-vamped Elite Riders’ Championship featuring a host of star names."

So WHO exactly are the 16 "Star Names" left in British Speedway?

What is the qualification criteria for these "Star Names"?

Edited by The Pedaler

I wouldn't invite Holder, Lindgren or Hancock into it. They made the choice to sit out the Elite League this year so if they cant get the practise in before the GP's then tough!!!

You want it kept as a second rate event then?

It would depend on the price and the product available. This is supposed to be a 'flagship' event and not some event that can be ran by any club at their venue.

If your paying the £25, as was the price last year, then you want to see the best riders and if that means Hancock, Holder and Lindgren so be it.

As an aside, I hope there is some significant discount available for the shambles that was the 2013 meeting and encourage me to put this event in the diary.

I wouldn't invite Holder, Lindgren or Hancock into it. They made the choice to sit out the Elite League this year so if they cant get the practise in before the GP's then tough!!!

Well if they are intending to still charge £25 for the meeting then there needs to be some more quality in the line-up!!!

Edited by Skidder1

Well if they are intending to still charge £25 for the meeting then there needs to be some more quality in the line-up!!!

Why should they be involved? Its there choice too sit out Britain and there are still some quality riders in the Elite League this yr or has everyone forgotten Woffinden, Iversen, Ward etc.

• Like 1

Why should they be involved? Its there choice too sit out Britain and there are still some quality riders in the Elite League this yr or has everyone forgotten Woffinden, Iversen, Ward etc.

Yes but what about the other 13????

Despite the EL being weaker than before surely we still have 16 riders riding in Britain to make it a top field.

Woffinden, Ward, Iversen, Zagar, Bjerre, Andersen, Kildemand, Batchelor, King, Harris, Cook, Pedersen, Doyle, Schlein, Pawlicki, Janowski.

May have missed some obvious ones but wouldn't this line up be decent? I agree drop the price, 20 quid would be fair.

Edit: Missed the likes of Karlsson, Watt and Kylmakorpi.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 4

It would depend on the price and the product available. This is supposed to be a 'flagship' event and not some event that can be ran by any club at their venue.

If your paying the £25, as was the price last year, then you want to see the best riders and if that means Hancock, Holder and Lindgren so be it.

As an aside, I hope there is some significant discount available for the shambles that was the 2013 meeting and encourage me to put this event in the diary.

I still have the readmission ticket from last year's shambles and I can't wait to see the faces of the turnstile operatives when I present it for my discount because it will be a problem to get the BSPA to honour their promise of a discount no doubt!

Despite the EL being weaker than before surely we still have 16 riders riding in Britain to make it a top field.

Woffinden, Ward, Iversen, Zagar, Bjerre, Andersen, Kildemand, Batchelor, King, Harris, Cook, Pedersen, Doyle, Schlein, Pawlicki, Janowski.

May have missed some obvious ones but wouldn't this line up be decent? I agree drop the price, 20 quid would be fair.

Edit: Missed the likes of Karlsson, Watt and Kylmakorpi.

You can probably forget the Poles - they will doubtless have to be in Poland for their club training sessions - and that may also be the choice of others signed to the Polish leagues?! There's at least 2 maybe 3 carrying injuries of some sort, plus the outstanding Visa issue of at least one!!

You want it kept as a second rate event then?

So the world champion and the former under 21 world champion are second rate?
  • Like 2

A positive move imo, I'm looking forward to it B-) Let's see if the Stars can make it a one/two again :-D

I'll be more than happy to attend to watch "just" the riders who are committed to GB this season, it's a meeting all about supporting our teams' riders after all!!!! Will be great to see the World One and Three in action in person after a long winter B-)

• Like 6