British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

with a new name (no'League' in the title) - and a new format?!

Presumably that will allow some riders from last /previous season(s) to take part?!

I wonder if Holder/Lindgren/Hancock etc will be asked to take part? ....and will they agree?

No they shouldn't be asked as all 3 decided against riding in this country in 2014 so can't have their cake & eat it!!.

• Like 6

It can't be called the Elite League Riders Championship with riders in the line up who don't intend gracing us with their presence this season so another vote for not allowing Holder, Hancock and Lindgren etc. These days I don't normally bother going out of my way to watch an individual meeting as I'm not really interested, but being as it's just up the road at Coventry I'll no doubt be there. Definately shouldn't be any more than £20 admission though. :)

• Like 2

Surely they couldnt keep it at the end of the season after all the pull outs the last few years. Its either change of date or bin it altogether, it seems theyve consulted the riders who want it early in the season. The top riders want quality meetings against quality opposition early in the season and this is ideal for them.

• Like 1

So basically a glorified individual meeting with hopefully some world class riders taking part.

Let's face it when Rory Schlein wins the ELRC two years out of the last three it says everything about the standard of heatleaders in the top flight these days.

• Like 1

I will be there and i'm sure a lot of others will as well esp. after a winter of no speedway.

Good change of venue to Brandon and also pleased to have it moved to March

Not sure we should give the chance for a bit of practice to the mercenaries who have turned their backs on British Speedway. Fair play to Rory at least he has stuck by British Speedway and does his very best each season. Rather have him than the likes of Hancock who uses British Speedway to suit his purpose then walks away. About time British Speedway woke up to the fact that currently we are second rate as an Elite League and should ignore to so called expensive superstars as we simply cannot afford them at the moment.

• Like 4

You would have a very hard struggle to pick 16 top British riders at this moment in time.

Not sure we should give the chance for a bit of practice to the mercenaries who have turned their backs on British Speedway. Fair play to Rory at least he has stuck by British Speedway and does his very best each season. Rather have him than the likes of Hancock who uses British Speedway to suit his purpose then walks away. About time British Speedway woke up to the fact that currently we are second rate as an Elite League and should ignore to so called expensive superstars as we simply cannot afford them at the moment.

Don't necessarily disagree with you but surely Poole used Hancock to suit their purpose too? Supply & demand and all that.

Agree with most on here. No Holders, Hancocks or Lindgrens they made their bed......I would prefer to see riders who want to race in Britain..

• Like 2

It can't be called the Elite League Riders Championship with riders in the line up who don't intend gracing us with their presence this season so another vote for not allowing Holder, Hancock and Lindgren etc. These days I don't normally bother going out of my way to watch an individual meeting as I'm not really interested, but being as it's just up the road at Coventry I'll no doubt be there. Definately shouldn't be any more than £20 admission though. :)

But it's not the 'Elite League Riders Championship' for 2014. It's called the 'Elite Riders Championship'.

That means an invitational competition to all riders across the Globe. I'm OK with that. It sounds as though it could be something similar to the Monster invitational in the USA.

Let's be honest, the ELRC has been nothing but a BSPA joke competition for many years with numerous withdrawals.

A new idea had to be had and this is a decent start. Hope the initial invites to to the GP bops first, then filter it down to the top average EL riders when GP riders refuse the invite.

The Elite riders championship beginning of season at Cov wonder how they will work who is going to ride in it ?

But it's not the 'Elite League Riders Championship' for 2014. It's called the 'Elite Riders Championship'.

That means an invitational competition to all riders across the Globe. I'm OK with that. It sounds as though it could be something similar to the Monster invitational in the USA.

Let's be honest, the ELRC has been nothing but a BSPA joke competition for many years with numerous withdrawals.

A new idea had to be had and this is a decent start. Hope the initial invites to to the GP bops first, then filter it down to the top average EL riders when GP riders refuse the invite.

Cant find a start time anywhere either ..Guess whose in it & guess what time its on !!

So basically a glorified individual meeting with hopefully some world class riders taking part.

Let's face it when Rory Schlein wins the ELRC two years out of the last three it says everything about the standard of heatleaders in the top flight these days.

But Rooboy is topnotch around Swindon generally worth the admission fee on his own as long as he forgets to gate.

• Like 1

Saw it tweeted somewhere that there would be Non Elite League Special Guests appearing.

If that is the case doesn't that make it just another invitational event?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Then it wont be the EL Riders Championship.

Just move it prior to the Play offs at the end of the regular EL season and let the riders who WANT to ride in the EL compete for it.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1