British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

Hope you all miss a little goodie!!!!!!!

That's not nice Trees.

I'm not going for the fact I have to be at work at 10pm and I can't warrant paying £25 and missing the latter part of the meeting(the most important).Will be taking my daughter though who will be coming home with my brother as long as he don't forget her. :P

Haha that was worth the admission alone, haha to all who poopoo'd the meeting!!

Edited by Trees

This has been pretty decent so far. Every rider giving full gas

Trees I didn't attend the meeting tonight be cause I can't spare twenty five pounds plus travel. So I don't think it's right to mock people like me who couldn't afford to be there.

• Like 8

Haha that was worth the admission alone, haha to all who poopoo'd the meeting!!

and that comes from someone who regularly poopoos the SGP - if you got £25 to spare well good on you but from what I hear the crowd is poor lower than a league meeting at Lynn plus the fact we have a very important play off semi Monday perhaps not everyone can afford two meetings in less than a week . Edited by Haza

If it was the usual price I'd be there but £25 is too expensive for a novelty meeting, however good the racing might be.

• Like 1

Only one reason I'm down on the gp series Haza and u know it!

Nothing has changed over the years since everyone loved the BLRC at Belle Vue, it's still a club individual meeting to find out the best rider (on the night) in the EL! Most of the riders raced hard for the title tonight :-)

I totally agree that it should be a Saturday night meeting but we all know why it's not!

I hope they hold it at the start of next season at Lynn or Peterborough on a Saturday night before the cancer series begins!

Well done Batch, it was impossible to pick a winner out of the four finalists but he scorched out of gate 1 and was gone!

• Like 1

Well done Troy Bachelor. He's really come on a lot this year and it's great to see him in the GP top 8 and winning this.

I agree it's better to have this at the start of the year. I think it would attract a bigger crowd at that time when people are hungry for speedway.

Only one reason I'm down on the gp series Haza and u know it!

Nothing has changed over the years since everyone loved the BLRC at Belle Vue, it's still a club individual meeting to find out the best rider (on the night) in the EL! Most of the riders raced hard for the title tonight :-)

I totally agree that it should be a Saturday night meeting but we all know why it's not!

I hope they hold it at the start of next season at Lynn or Peterborough on a Saturday night before the cancer series begins!

Well done Batch, it was impossible to pick a winner out of the four finalists but he scorched out of gate 1 and was gone!

After finding an excuse to justify the £25 in the end the racing was absolutely worth the £25. All bar 2 riders put everything into it and as a paying punter that what we want to see. Although only finishing 3rd, Doyle was my rider of the night. There was no such thing as team mates last night as the eventual winner Batchelor really chucked his bike at Kildermand who pulled up after that and withdrew. Suffering from brown-pants syndrome.

Some brilliant passing anywhere on track, that has been few and far between at the NA this season but I suppose all riders being of similar standard would encourage that. It does prove though that there's absolutely nothing wrong with our track.

Sounds like the riders next season wants the ELRC back at King's Lynn with Doyle having a swipe at Coventry's circuit. If it is back here, no moaning from me next time, they can have my money.

Very enjoyable

• Like 1

Just looked at the result on speedwaygp.com. Looked a good line up and sounds like a good meeting.

Troy certainly seems to have come on this year and gained confidence in and from the gp's. Well done.

Some of the races scared the bloody hell out of me, put a massive smile on my face, huge round of applause for the riders :-)

That's not nice Trees.

I'm not going for the fact I have to be at work at 10pm and I can't warrant paying £25 and missing the latter part of the meeting(the most important).Will be taking my daughter though who will be coming home with my brother as long as he don't forget her. :P

I couldn't resist :-)

We went too even though we thought it was way over priced. I am not a lover of individual meetings to be honest as I find them a bit boring and yes, after the riders sorted themselves out on the first lap it became processional. Out of the four finalists we were pleased that T B won, would have liked to have seen JD win though but happy he got on the rostrum and loved his swipe at the Coventry track after the meeting. I enjoyed watching R L who didn't disgrace himself and kept up with the perhaps more experienced 'big boys' and I would say he earned one of the biggest cheers of the night when he overtook RL to win a race. Yes I know he only had RL to beat but I think he was last out of the gate so once he had passed the two reserves he then chased down RL to win. Well done RL. A shame that RS didn't make it to the final, not meant to be on the night.

The crowd was down and we would say that that was due to the costs. Next time perhaps the powers that be would consider the folks who cannot afford to support this type of meeting and keep the costs down. £45 plus £4 for programme was way too steep and we had to dig deep but the season is drawing to a close and we like to support our riders.

We also would have liked to have seen two of the fast track riders at reserve.

Enjoyed the tractor racing but those motor bikes they have during the intervals will never catch on.

• Like 3