British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

As I used my ELRC ticket for the PL 4's earlier this summer, I'm reluctant to part with another £25 to watch a top-rider less meeting.

Had it not been for it being staged at Lynn, there is NO WAY I would be going.

I wonder when the revised line up will be put onto the BSPA and KL sites? Some riders are riding the playoffs in Sweden tonight aren't they?

And the ELRC is tomorrow - your point is . . . . .?

Tai on his way to sweden so no elrc for him but no news on who replaces him

Tai`s status

I’ve been to Poland to do some testing, by that I mean testing my bikes and my injured hand.

The hand feels a lot better than it did, but then again it’s nearly five weeks since the crash now so things are improving all the time.

I put myself through a good session on the bikes but I have to report that, towards the end, the pain was coming back and the swelling was making it difficult.

It’s fair to say I still have to manage the situation carefully and I have reluctantly made the decision to withdraw from the Elite League Riders’ Championship at King’s Lynn on Thursday.

This is the logical decision, but I was hoping I could do it. I missed it last year and I have to miss out again, so hopefully I will be back to ride in it in 2015.

I’m on my way to Sweden now to Vetlanda to prepare for the GP in Stockholm. I’m looking forward to that, hopefully there will have been enough time for the swelling to have gone down and I can start feeling good on Saturday night.

Tai`s status

I’ve been to Poland to do some testing, by that I mean testing my bikes and my injured hand.

The hand feels a lot better than it did, but then again it’s nearly five weeks since the crash now so things are improving all the time.

I put myself through a good session on the bikes but I have to report that, towards the end, the pain was coming back and the swelling was making it difficult.

It’s fair to say I still have to manage the situation carefully and I have reluctantly made the decision to withdraw from the Elite League Riders’ Championship at King’s Lynn on Thursday.

This is the logical decision, but I was hoping I could do it. I missed it last year and I have to miss out again, so hopefully I will be back to ride in it in 2015.

I’m on my way to Sweden now to Vetlanda to prepare for the GP in Stockholm. I’m looking forward to that, hopefully there will have been enough time for the swelling to have gone down and I can start feeling good on Saturday night.

£100 says Tai doesn't ride in next season ELRC. Any takers?

Woffy out, replaced by Jacob Thorssell I believe.

Any news on whether Nicholls is at Lynn or in Poland?

So now Lambert replaces Bjerre in the line up!!!

And Thorsell for Woffie!!

Total farce.

And how much are they charging? 25 quid?

Won't be many there.

And the ELRC is tomorrow - your point is . . . . .?

It was because an earlier post mentioned Tai was on the way to Sweden as a reason for not being at the ELRC so I was just pointing out that others may also be but still intending to return to the UK on Thursday.

£100 says Tai doesn't ride in next season ELRC. Any takers?

Why would any of them bother with a tin pot meeting that isn't given the prestige status it was meant to deserve anyway?

It was because an earlier post mentioned Tai was on the way to Sweden as a reason for not being at the ELRC so I was just pointing out that others may also be but still intending to return to the UK on Thursday.

Tai is heading to Sweden as he's riding in a GP their Saturday. Not for the play-offs.

[contact=helvetica]

So now Lambert replaces Bjerre in the line up!!![/font]

You sound surprised.....this happens every year and will continue to do so until they hold it at the beginning of the cseasin

Total farce.

Won't be many there.

You sound surprised......this happens every year and will continue to happen until they hold it at the beginning of the season, which to be fair was the plan this year.

I'd probably go to this if it was sixteen or seventeen quid but to charge twenty five sheets for a meeting two days before a GP which they know very well riders are going to withdraw from is very poor.

Tai`s status

As soon as i read he was on his way to Sweden it was obvious he was on his way to the GP, it is a shame for the ELRC that once again the field looks more PL than EL.

So now Lambert replaces Bjerre in the line up!!!

Total farce.

Won't be many there.

Thats ridiculous surely there are better riders than those who could replace them.

I expect they are the next in line at their clubs.....Rory already in it so a toss up between Lambert & Porsing to replace Kenneth and Thorsell the third best Wolves rider after Woffy & Pawlicki.

Expect other replacements before tomorrow evening.

Not really the SCB's fault that these riders are not available to ride on Thursday;

Iversen

Bjerre

Woffinden

Pawlicki P

Ward

Pawlicki S

Bech

Watt

Korneliussen

Woodward

Everyone of them flies around the NA and it would have been an awesome line up, AND a title riders would be proud to win IMO had they all been there : (

of course he will be at lynn, he is british ine.