British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

Now on Friday 21st March live on Sky Sports. No excuses for any rider to miss it unless injured of course.

• Like 1

Now on Friday 21st March live on Sky Sports. No excuses for any rider to miss it unless injured of course.

Which shafts Gary Havelock's Farewell Meeting at Poole the same night.

• Like 3

Which shafts Gary Havelock's Farewell Meeting at Poole the same night.

I dont see how, his tesimonial would more than likely be attended by Poole fans mostly, not the easiest place to get to on a Friday night for most. Only Ward and Cook would ride in the ERC from the riders named so far think. May hinder the attendence a little but not a lot in my opinion.

• Like 1

I dont see how, his tesimonial would more than likely be attended by Poole fans mostly, not the easiest place to get to on a Friday night for most. Only Ward and Cook would ride in the ERC from the riders named so far think. May hinder the attendence a little but not a lot in my opinion.

Attracting other 'top' riders might be a problem though?

Edited by The Abbott

Initially great planning by Havvy, yes only a testimonial but a chance to see some decent riders and a very early season meeting. I was and still will be going to Poole to pay respects to someone who gave me plenty of enjoyment ever since he started and a great servant to British Speedway. Yes he has been shafted and it will stop may people going. I think the BSPA should hang their head in shame.

Attracting other 'top' riders might be a problem though?

Plenty of riders for both events im sure. If he can attract Vaculik he can attract others.

Expect a change of date for Havvy I suspect as some of his planned riders will definitely be in the ERC!!

Edited: Actually, after consideration and seeing the groundswell of fan and rider support for Havvy on Twitter and Facebook, I hope the meeting goes ahead as planned.

I will certainly be there. And as someone on the Poole forum has said, It will be very interesting to see which riders get the invitations and possibly who has the biggest 'cohunas'??!!

If bans are threatened, will Sky really want to start their EL coverage with any of the top stars missing??!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Expect a change of date for Havvy I suspect as some of his planned riders will definitely be in the ERC!!

I hope they are on seperate days but it really doesnt need to be an issue, both events will attract good crowds with good line ups for both.

• Like 1

I hope they are on seperate days but it really doesnt need to be an issue, both events will attract good crowds with good line ups for both.

With Darcy and Holder set to stand by their pre booked Havvy Testimonial meeting.

Is this meeting on SKY?

Yep

Darcy Ward tweeted that the ERC is open to non EL riders, even for reason to think both meeings can happen on the same day.

The ERC should be boycotted by riders and fans alike for the cynical way that it's been rescheduled to sabotage Havvy's Farewell event. About time that the SkySports/BSPA alliance were taught a lesson. Last year the Belle Vue v Poole fiasco, this year shafting Havvy. It's not on, and about time people took a stand.

The ERC should be boycotted by riders and fans alike for the cynical way that it's been rescheduled to sabotage Havvy's Farewell event. About time that the SkySports/BSPA alliance were taught a lesson. Last year the Belle Vue v Poole fiasco, this year shafting Havvy. It's not on, and about time people took a stand.

Are you serious? Sabotage? Stop being over dramatic. Havvy will get the crowd and a good line up so will the ERC.

• Like 1

Bit OTT

I'm sure there are alot of people who were not going to go to Havelocks farewell anyway. There are enough speedway fans for both meetings.

How often do meetings and testimonials take place on the same day.

Are you serious? Sabotage? Stop being over dramatic. Havvy will get the crowd and a good line up so will the ERC.

I'm sure that there will be those in high places that would have arrogantly expected Havvy to have cancelled his Farewell in order to carry out his management responsibilities as Coventry manager, at Coventry geeing up the Coventry riders there. Just wait until the pressure comes from above for the Farewell meeting to be cancelled in view of a "BSPA Shared Event" happening on that date.

And what about the FANS? Those who would have liked to have gone to both? SHAFTED!

• Like 1

It's all about the availability of the riders, obviously, I don't suppose any fans who were going to Havvy's meeting will now go to the ERC????