British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

The ERC should be boycotted by riders and fans alike for the cynical way that it's been rescheduled to sabotage Havvy's Farewell event. About time that the SkySports/BSPA alliance were taught a lesson. Last year the Belle Vue v Poole fiasco, this year shafting Havvy. It's not on, and about time people took a stand.

Rubbish. Having the ELR Champ on Tv is more important for the profile of the sport. Havvy can change his date, no problem with that is there.

• Like 1

Rubbish. Having the ELR Champ on Tv is more important for the profile of the sport. Havvy can change his date, no problem with that is there.

Yes there are a lot of problems with that!!! Flights and hotels are already booked - and some already paid for - Sponsorship is in place, based upon certain riders - and special guests - having signed up!!

Still at least from the new BSPA statement there seems a willingness to sort something out!! I wonder what the new date of the ERC will be???? :wink::shock:

Edited by Skidder1

Yes there are a lot of problems with that!!! Flights and hotels are already booked - and some already paid for - Sponsorship is in place, based upon certain riders - and special guests - having signed up!!

Still at least from the new BSPA statement there seems a willingness to sort something out!! I wonder what the new date of the ERC will be???? :wink::shock:

You mean the bit that was couched in diplomatic speak for "we are going to force Havvy into postponing his event because we are the BSPA, we run the sport and what we say goes." ???

• Like 2

Spot on.

Havvy got unlucky with the date he picked. The BSPA are going to help sort him out an alternative, and the world will keep turning.

Storm in a teacup. It's a bit like the local kids arranging a football game after school on Monday and then throwing a tantrum because Man City v Chelsea has been moved back to Monday night for Sky.

• Like 3

Meetings get cancelled all the time and rearranged at much shorter notice. With it being pre season and pre GP season as well its likely a lot of riders will be glad to do both.

Nay bother.

It is a pity that it could not stay on the Sunday as surely more people would go on a Sunday rather than a friday night.

It is a pity that it could not stay on the Sunday as surely more people would go on a Sunday rather than a friday night.

It's been changed to Friday night so that they don't have to go.

• Like 3

Love him, or hate him, I feel Havvy has had a raw deal. I understand that his meeting date was announced last March. That's not far off a year ago. He has acceptances for that date. For the powers that be that declare their meeting will happen on the same day, just weeks away, is outrageous, and without respect.

Of course, these "powers that be" can legitimately do what they have done. But what would be nice is that those riders affected by agreeing to ride in Havvy's meeting, and are also required to be in the ERC, would to be to say "no" to the latter, as they are already contracted (possibly only by verbal agreement) elsewhere. Any agreement, verbal or otherwise, is a contract respected by every Court in the land.

I rest my case.

• Like 2

Love him, or hate him, I feel Havvy has had a raw deal. I understand that his meeting date was announced last March. That's not far off a year ago. He has acceptances for that date. For the powers that be that declare their meeting will happen on the same day, just weeks away, is outrageous, and without respect.

Of course, these "powers that be" can legitimately do what they have done. But what would be nice is that those riders affected by agreeing to ride in Havvy's meeting, and are also required to be in the ERC, would to be to say "no" to the latter, as they are already contracted (possibly only by verbal agreement) elsewhere. Any agreement, verbal or otherwise, is a contract respected by every Court in the land.

I rest my case.

On Twitter, Chris Holder says he intends to honour his agreement to ride in Havvy's meeting, Darcy seems to be indicating that he does too.

To me, allowing guests to be invited to compete for the ERC is afar greater issue then the actual meeting clashing with the Havvy's Testimonial . I'm sure there will be plenty of top riders wanting track time before jetting off to NZ, to make the testimonial worth while.

Whereas, try explaining to the unwanted riders from the Elite league that their services are not required, because their place is going to someone who is not even riding in our league. Imagine the trophy going to say Nicki Pedersen, and he hasn't ridden here for years....

We want to inspire riders to come here, Not take the rise out of those that do................

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 2

To me, allowing guests to be invited to compete for the ERC is afar greater issue then the actual meeting clashing with the Havvy's Testimonial . I'm sure there will be plenty of top riders wanting track time before jetting off to NZ, to make the testimonial worth while.

Whereas, try explaining to the unwanted riders from the Elite league that their services are not required, because their place is going to someone who is not even riding in our league. Imagine the trophy going to say Nicki Pedersen, and he hasn't ridden here for years....

We want to inspire riders to come here, Not take the rise out of those that do................

I would prefer it to be EL riders only but if they go down this route then I hope the guests will be limited to around 3.

But they've got to have some more top riders to justify the admission fee - unless of course they fund a reduction in price plus all the refunds from 2013 from the Sky money?!

• Like 1

So now that info from Poland is mentioning that the meeting originally scheduled for Peterborough is now being held at KL on the week end of 22,23 March, is this also part of the reason for the change of date for this meeting, which now clashes with the one for Havvy at Poole on 21st, or was it just sky wanting to show it on the fri.

Edited by A ORLOV

So now that info from Poland is mentioning that the meeting originally scheduled for Peterborough is now being held at KL on the week end of 22,23 March, is this also part of the reason for the change of date for this meeting, which now clashes with the one for Havvy at Poole on 21st, or was it just sky wanting to show it on the fri.

Who will be guesting for Kings Lynn?

NKI and KB already booked for the Morten Risager testimonial on the 22nd!

Reported that SKY tv will be at the meeting on the sunday, the saturday is for a 4TT qualifying meeting. So thats the real reason for the date change then! :neutral::shock: