Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Rusty Harrison Testimonial Saturday 4th October 2014. 18:30 Hrs

Just to throw a few things into the mix here Guys. The decision to try and get the meeting ON regardless, was Rusty's with back up from us.

With ALL the riders on the track last night plus the Ref, Rusty, Tony Jackson and myself, the decision was ultimately Rusty's.

I told Rusty I would back whatever decision he made so here I am, true to my word defending both Rusty and my Management team.

Please just respect the guys decision. He's gutted enough.

How long did it take you last night to find out something that we haven't done Jenga?

Laura

Edited by shady
  • Like 1

Just hope its third time lucky for Rusty next season. He's one of the PL nice guys and deserves it for his contribution to not just Workington, but to British speedway. Lets hope he can get some of the EL big guns down next time.. :t:

• Like 1

Is Jason Doyle in this one?

Tad early for lineup at mo. Maybe Grigory will be there if he can sort his visa

DON'T FORGET RUSTY S TESTIMONIAL THIS SATURDAY AT WORKINGTON.parade 6.30. tapes up 7.00.(TAKE 3 ) 11/4/2015 . THATS 11/4/2015 ................schlien,morriskozzasummers,JAMES wright,josh g,robbo ?,bjerre,howarth, r worrall, kus, bellegol lindgren,rickyyy wells and RUSTY........................................

JUNIOR RACES. GARRY STEAD AND SIMON LAWSON.all sorts of stuff . so come on down and make sure rusty has a great day..

night time stuff as well in the Waverley

Weather at the moment is very good sunny and blue skies but cold, forecast is for some showers this afternoon and early evening.

Hope it all goes well for Rusty,

Pleased Rusty finally got his meeting on tho felt he deserved a better crowd than he got? :sad:

As for the meeting itself, sorry but racing was very processional, gater's paradise on one of the baldest tracks I've seen in years, just no dirt whatsoever, very slick and virtually no passing of note that I can remember?

Riders, to their credit, gave it a go but miss the start and it was like watching EL racing, first out, first back, wont see many meetings this year but I hope the guy's will improve the track and give us something exciting to watch during the season, current level is doing nothing, not for me anyway? :nono:

From what I was told with the showers that were forecast in the afternoon the track had to be left slick to make sure the meeting could definitely go ahead, of course with hindsight the rain didn't come and it would have been ok for more dirt to be made!

Well done to Rusty, thoroughly deserved to win, who would have thought it on a gater's paradise...

It was chuffing COLD!!

Well doone Rusty on the win, yes the track was a bit slick but as said previously rain had been forecast for the afternoon and evening, thought the winner might have been Schlein or Morris.

Surely nobody would deny Rusty a slick track if it was done because of possible rain, the poor bloke had how many goes at getting this meeting on!

• Like 1

Surely nobody would deny Rusty a slick track if it was done because of possible rain, the poor bloke had how many goes at getting this meeting on!

That's no justification at all Trees to produce a track of that standard? :nono: People paid good money to see this event finally take place but it produced absolutely nothing by way of entertaining racing, that's why people watch not, as you suggest, a means to an end coz he's had a couple of knockbacks?

Nick Morris commented on the state of it in his interview and said he would give it a go, but he didn't sound very enthusiastic, and he rode like it, not the Nick Morris I expected?

People have turned their backs on Workington Speedway over the last few years because the irregular track preparation is producing too much processional racing, only a few hundred turned up to watch this meeting which I previously commented on and he deserved better but, despite his popularity, too many have fallen out with the sport in the town due to this type of track condition and too many excuses trying to justify them?

Weather forecast I saw said rain through Friday night/Saturday morning and then fine but cold for the rest of the day, didn't see anything about showers of any description, but, there you go!! ;)