British Speedway Forum
PolskiZuzel

Speedway Champions League ?

Baffling and expensive for anyone with a flight. Those who run this sport have not got a clue.

Official FIM press release: http://www.fim-live.com/en/article/2016-fim-world-speedway-league-postponed/

The FIM and Team Player Management Co Ltd regretfully announce the postponement of the 2016 FIM World Speedway League, originally scheduled to take place in Wolfslake, Germany on 23 April,

on account of the facilities' non-compliance with the 2016 FIM Standards for Track Racing Circuits. A new date and venue will be announced as soon as possible.

Lol, this is funny and sad.

I don't know but shouldn't WSL and FIM have been aware of this when they chose the host venue?

• Like 6

I don't know but shouldn't WSL and FIM have been aware of this when they chose the host venue?

Of course they should. Surely these things should be in place before the event is scheduled.

Really feeling for any of the clubs fans that booked up for this.

Even more funny that the Wolfslake club posted on Facebook 10 mins ago that they are ready for the event.

This sport is becoming more and more a joke.

Cant quote the new rules now, but from memory the only problem should have been the flexibility of the fence in the exits, and that was given a chance to use APD modules instead in 2016.

Something really stinks in this one.

• Like 1

This whole WSL thing stinks from the beginning. Especially with this middle east madness.

• Like 3

New date in due time says the next headline.

Where they gonna find a date with 2 out of every 3 meetings having rained off in the first 4 weeks of the season

• Like 1

Scunthorpe was nominated to host the World U-21 team qualifier a few years ago and then the track was deemed not to meet FIM criteria because of a similar issue.

At least the meeting was switched to Lakeside months in advance, not a few days beforehand !

Even more funny that the Wolfslake club posted on Facebook 10 mins ago that they are ready for the event.

This sport is becoming more and more a joke.

I read that as well. It said that yesterday, the track met all requirements made by both WSL and FIM. So how does a track goes from ok to not ok in 24 hours? What was ok yesterday but not today?

I feel sorry for WLS since it seems that they have spent allot of work (and likely money) to get the track up to standards just to become screwed over by FIM in the last minute.

Of course if the track have issues that cannot be fixed in time they shouldn't go ahead anyway but should obviously postponed it. However these things must have been know

already when the track was chose to hos WSL but likely the FIM didn't care to have a look and just approved it without bother to check the standard of the arena.

Edited by Ghostwalker