British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Which Rider Is On The Best Value Average

NOTE; Heat leaders will no longer have races against or with reserves so every race id going to be tough for them.

Take Poole v Kings Lynn for example.

There is ever chance that Rory Schlein could be in four racs like ...

Ward / Milik v Schelin / Lambert

Pawlicki / Gracjzonek v Schlein / Porsing

Pawlicki / Janowski v Bjerre / Schlein

Ward / Janowski v Iversen / Schlein

If he can get more than 5 points from those races he has done well which is why I havent included any third heat leaders as the riders likely to improve.

Edited by T.N.T.

NOTE; Heat leaders will no longer have races against or with reserves so every race id going to be tough for them.

If he can get more than 5 points from those races he has done well which is why I havent included any third heat leaders as the riders likely to improve.

You obviously, have knowledge of the new heat format. Wouldn't it have been nice of the BSPA to enlighten all the speedway supporter and the media, rather than treat us like mushrooms. And you wonder why the sport is nearly dead.............

Those match ups look promising from a poole perspective Edited by foreverblue

Those match ups look promising from a poole perspective

If they want to "protect" the juniors, then top heavy teams will have a much greater advantage in the new heat formats.

I believe Josh G. Will be one of the biggest improvers. He was on fire towards the end of last season and he continued this form into the playoffs. Did very well in the Aussie Championships and has geared himself up for 2014 to make a real impression.

I expect him to add over a point to his starting average.

The Fantasy Speedway League is going to be a bit of a shambles - be sensible not to bother this season. Wait until next seasons one league.

You obviously, have knowledge of the new heat format. Wouldn't it have been nice of the BSPA to enlighten all the speedway supporter and the media, rather than treat us like mushrooms. And you wonder why the sport is nearly dead.............

It's quite easy to work out roughly what the format will be and TNT to his credit has posted a few decent examples. If the reserves are only racing against each other and second strings, then the top three riders of each team will be forced to ride against each other multiple times.

Do you know which of the 3 format options has been selected?

I know its still 15 heats! :t:

I believe Josh G. Will be one of the biggest improvers. He was on fire towards the end of last season and he continued this form into the playoffs. Did very well in the Aussie Championships and has geared himself up for 2014 to make a real impression.

I expect him to add over a point to his starting average.

he should easily add a point riding in the second string position anything else will be failure. Josh isnt the isue with Poole its wether Magic can step up to his true form and how Milik goes. Magic needs to be outscoring riders like Schlien and Cook who in elite league racing are the same standard

Those match ups show how evenly matched the 2 teams are at the top end. I would make Poole favourites in the top match up and maybe the second but the other 2 look fairly even. One question is why is Iversen only in 1 of these and Schlein in 3? Pooles top 3 are in 2 races each.

It's quite easy to work out roughly what the format will be and TNT to his credit has posted a few decent examples. If the reserves are only racing against each other and second strings, then the top three riders of each team will be forced to ride against each other multiple times.

Exactly why I will not miss the EL this season. Much prefer to watch all race each other.

Which rider is on the best value average is irrelevant to me. This is a team game and it's about which club has put together the better mix and we won't know that until playoff time.

We have the unknown in Robert Lambert. He may go on to average 12.00 but that would be totally pointless if Iversen goes on to average 3. Hypothetical I know.

For me, the best value riders will already be the heatleaders. If they can't sustain their averages you just not going to win matches, it's as simple as that

It's not rocket science to work out roughly what each rider will have to face in the forthcoming season.

RESERVES will have races against each other and also against second strings.

SECOND STRINGS will have one ride with each reserve leaving two rides where they will be out with a heat leader

HEAT LEADERS will have all their rides against heat leaders or second strings and as the second strings only have two rides with heat leaders then the teams #1 will have all his rides with fellow heat leaders.

This could mean top riders like Woffinden and Iversen may have nights where they only score six or seven while second strings like Ljung and Gustafsson could be scoring eight or nine and reserves about the same. It may even come down to tactical riding in order to get heat leaders down to second strings by picking up bonus points more often.

This will benefit a team when they operate rider replacement as Peter Ljung or Ryan Fisher could move up the order and when they are not available then the old heat leaders like Doyle and Andersen will get extra rides.

Totally over the top reaction. :nono: Who says he knows the heat formula, have a look at MattK and Incognito's posts.

• Like 1