British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

Speedway On Tv (a Challenge!)

During the first ever episode of Run (and an awful episode it was too), there was Speedway featured on the TV in the background.

The track was saturated and had a white fence, that's all I could make out. There was also some commentary but I couldn't make it out.

Any smartass out there (yes, I mean you, SCB) able to identify the track?

The brief clip was shown after about 35 minutes.

It's like when you see that actor from that film and you just can not remember where you've seen him from and in time, it frustrates you more and more and more!

Back to the show, it was about a pair of thugs, basically. Hopefully not everyone who managed that far into the show thinks Speedway is appealing to thugs!

It is of course possible that not everyone pays as much attention to the background TV as I do, though...

It may help if you can provide a possible area location for the area as depicted in the TV film?

The corner of the room, close to the aerial socket.
  • Like 3

Just realised which TV programme you meant.

'Run' was the one with Olivia Colman who covers up for the misdeads of her sons.

I remember spotting the brief appearance of Speedway in that.

I thought it looked like the graphics of a GRT media video, probably from Berwick.

Which was particularly strange as the series was set on a hideous estate in inner London.

I thought it looked like the graphics of a GRT media video, probably from Berwick.

Damn Bandits get everywhere!

Rewind three years to a Jimmy McGovern BBC mini-series called "Accused" set in Manchester with Christopher Eccleston.

In the story one of the characters told Eccleston to move because he was blocking the TV. On TV was a GRT media video of Newcastle v Berwick.

Apparently the footage had originally been supplied by GRT to the BBC for a programme called "Inside Out".

Maybe the same footage has been used again in this new programme?

See here:-

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=58962&p=1824726