British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Had Enough

Morten Risager Testimonial - Ipswich - Saturday, 22nd March

The gap between the el and Pl seems to be rapidly closing.

I would agree with that. Still a gap, but smaller than it's ever been. Peterborough's win away to EL Leicester further evidence.

Difficult to judge how seriously the likes of Bjerre and Iversen were taking this meeting, but I'm sure the likes of King and Nicholls were giving their all so Tungate took some notable scalps.

I thought Tungate actually done well at Poole last year and was surprised nobody took a chance on him this year, as he's definitely EL standard looking at some of the line ups.

Hopefully he'll ride EL next season, with us.

Would think that Tungate will be one of the first riders looked at when EL changes are needed. All depends on how it goes for him in Poland though.

Have the put new light bulbs in this year?

Always been a bit murky in the past.

Would think that Tungate will be one of the first riders looked at when EL changes are needed. All depends on how it goes for him in Poland though.

At the meet the riders, Louis annoucned that Tungate and Manzares were both set up with 3 year visas, so he's obviously got them in his plans.

On the subject of visas, he said that no-one (neither riders or promoters) had learned from the example of Sam Masters, so they're all to blame. He also said the process is difficult, and 10 times more expensive than it used to be ...

I know us supporters often moan about the cost of speedway programmes but I thought the Risager testimonial programme was one of the best I have seen/read in a long while and was well worth the money.

I would just like to say thank you to photographer Jeff Higgot (Sequella) for providing me with a print of the pic he took of the presentation to me of the race jacket I won on Morten's big night.

Much appreciated.

I have a number of signed race jackets & 3 signed pit boards for sale from Morten Risager Testimonial. On the day each rider had 2 race jackets. One set were sold at the meeting & these are the remaining ones.

There are also 3 pit boards which were used at the meeting & have the rider name & Testimonial Logo. Most riders took theirs as a momento but I still have Niels K Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre & Danny Kings left.

Anyone interested in these, please make a fair bid by sending me a pm please

All proceeds will go to Morten Risager Testimonial Fund in recognition of his services.