British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HBKPCNBob

Riders To Watch In 2014

We all love seeing new riders coming through the system, who are showing potential and the talent required to compete in our great sport.

This post is for anyone to post in, who thinks a rider deserves our attention and support.

Jack Kingston. Very good debut at Kent and Jack was very good to watch. his move to Mildenhall should help him and i would expect tobe a stand out rider by the end of the season

• Like 5

I am not a regular at national league racing but Liam Carr is sure to be a rider to watch in his second season at this level. Regular racing at premier league level will be great for him and his progress.

• Like 1

Benji Compton will really show his skills at Kings this year.

• Like 2

Nathan Greaves, yes its going to be tough for him, because he has moved up in to the main body of the Team, but Im expecting him to be able to handle that.

• Like 2

Agree with a couple of the postings so far.

I think Jack Kingston could make major strides forward this season.

And Benji? Yep, I reckon after a steady return last year he'll be more prepared this season from the off and I reckon he could end up right up there as one of the division's top riders again.

• Like 1

Jack Kingston definitely. He seemed to make huge strides once he started getting help from Michael Lee.

Danny Phillips is far better than his average. He won't be far off a heat leader's average by the end of the year.

Although likely to start at the difficult #2 position, I get the feeling Nathan Greaves is in for a big year.

He's been around a fair few years now, Steve Worrall really got everything sussed towards the end of last season. He'll be one of the top dogs in the NL this year if Richie sold him that engine!

Along with Phillips, James McBain is one of the strongest 3 pointers out there. He's not far from PL standard.

Riders like Luke Crang, Oliver Greenwood, Liam Carr can all have good seasons if they are able to put their PL experience to good use, and don't suffer too badly from any confidence or machinery issues.

• Like 1

Ben Morley seems to have been around for ages and it's easy to forget how young he is. Since he first came to Rye he seemed to be in a rut at Hoddesdon. Looks good at Rye but not so away from home,but watching him each week he came on leaps and bounds with the experience he gained at Kent. Seems more aggressive and less likely to be pushed off the racing line. His real aim should be to become a regular at PL level by the end of the season. Hope he makes it, could do well to gain some experience on a faster track than those he is currently connected with, Rye, Kent and Arena Essex

Dead right about Ben. I first saw him ride in 2008 and saw him win the Final Round of the U-15s 250cc class at Buxton that year - yet remarkably it's 2014 now and he's STILL a teenager! (though tbf will be 20 by the time the season's underway!)

He was indeed asserting himself really well last year - remember his battles with Charles Wright and with Ashley Morris at CP.

He is ready to be a number one in the NL. At Kent we look like we have a really strong trio of heat-leaders! Am really looking forward too, to seeing Ben ride in the EL for Lakeside!

All of the NL riders are ones to watch - it's the best league in british speedway !!!!

Yes and all those Elite League snobs are about to find out just how exciting third tier riders can be especially in the races against each other. The Premier League missed a trick here in my opinion.

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 6

Yes and all those Elite League snobs are about to find out just how exciting third tier riders can be especially in the races against each other. The Premier League missed a trick here in my opinion.

Malcolm Vasey

??????

Lewis rose ;)

Agreed Rose came on leaps and bounds last year after starting on just a 3 average, and even maintained his scoring at the number 2 position. He looks comfortable on tracks such as Lynn as well as Mildenhall, and should be pushing for an average in the top ten or for the NL for the following season imo.