Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

6 Of The 15 Gp In El Next Season

But of the current 15 there would of been 10 last season... It's a low total and all down to changing things around... How can torun have c.holder d.ward t.gollob and e.sayfudinov in the same team I wouldn't mind seeing them next season...

More money and a larger fan base. Speedway is amongst the top sports in Poland so attracts more attention.

But of the current 15 there would of been 10 last season... It's a low total and all down to changing things around... How can torun have c.holder d.ward t.gollob and e.sayfudinov in the same team I wouldn't mind seeing them next season...

No points limit!! But will it all be afforded?

Yeah, it would be wonderful, to be able to go and watch that every week. but life's not like that. You have highlighted a scenario that is probably one of the good things you can find in Poland. To achieve this , They have massive corporate sponsorship in place to finance all these riders. The point limit is of little importance.

But looking at it from the another prospective, I bet there are a lot more Polish people working in our country, than British people working over there. So what does that tell you.

Me! , I would much rather live in this country, where life is far more enjoyable, and make do with lesser standard of speedway, then live in Poland.

Ticking time bomb in Sweden and Poland financially far more so than here. No wonder the speedway mercenaries turn their back on Britain to chase the cash, good luck while it lasts i just hope we don't rush to take them back when the bubble bursts

• Like 5

There is some serious money involved in some tracks in Poland and Torun are top of the list. They are like Man City by buying who they want and will never see the financial rewards by just meetings.

Where the money comes from is another subject but you would not see the likes of that in this country.

Where the money comes from is another subject but you would not see the likes of that in this country.

I believe we have banking laws over here that would make it difficult 😱

No wonder the speedway mercenaries turn their back on Britain to chase the cash, good luck while it lasts i just hope we don't rush to take them back when the bubble bursts

You mean the young men who risk their lives for your entertainment? So they try to earn a living as best as they can. It's what pays their bills for them and sets them up for life after 40. If you don't like these mercenaries, stick to the National League, and you won't have to worry about them.

Let me guess though, you are a voluntary worker? Charity worker? Missionary? Or do you have an ordinary job like most others and also try to get the best pay for the job that you do? Yeah, you can offer yourself up for as much pay as you can get just don't let others do the same though will you?

• Like 2

You mean the young men who risk their lives for your entertainment?

I've got the utmost respect and admiration for those who are brave enough to race a speedway bike. However, especially when it comes to motor sports, i can't agree when it's claimed that the riders/drivers risk their lives to entertain you!

Sorry but i find it difficult to believe that be it footballers or motor sport competitors they make a decision to become a participant in a sport in order to entertain people (There are stages and show business and pantomimes for that). Yes for sure once in the sport some do like to 'entertain' the fans but it isn't why they went into the sport. It isn't why they invest a fortune to break into and continue in the sport.

In short, the Polish know what they are doing when it comes to business in Speedway. Promoters over here are a bunch of buffoons.

• Like 2

In short, the Polish know what they are doing when it comes to business in Speedway. Promoters over here are a bunch of buffoons.

What about the constant fines season after season for not having paid debts, riders, running play offs with 1 team walking out.

Poland is the dream but its by no means perfect!

• Like 1

i can't agree when it's claimed that the riders/drivers risk their lives to entertain you!

First question - are you or do you seek to be entertained by the riders when you go to the speedway? If so, then whether they do so directly or indirectly, they are the ones entertaining you.

Second question - have you discussed your point of view with the Richardson family? Or the Duh family? or the Olsson family?

First question - are you or do you seek to be entertained by the riders when you go to the speedway?

What's that got to do with it?

He might seek entertainment by watching funny youtube clips of bears falling out of trees, but the bear certainly didn't do it for his entertainment.

Riders race Speedway for financial gain and for the adrenaline buzz.

• Like 6

And how many of them will NOT be in the GP the season after.

I can think of ONE banker. I think Pink Floyd did a song about him. Come in #37 Your Time Is Up. :rofl:

He might seek entertainment by watching funny youtube clips of bears falling out of trees, but the bear certainly didn't do it for his entertainment.

Bears are very complicated animals and have been known to do the craziest things. Maybe falling out of trees is their equivalent of Neknomination?

Edited by pandorum

What about the constant fines season after season for not having paid debts, riders, running play offs with 1 team walking out.

Poland is the dream but its by no means perfect!

Yet some how it's still a million times better