British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Quad Speedway At Rye House 23 Feb

Quadrophenia Latest/ Rye House Press Release

The Cavalcade of Speed being staged at Rye House Stadium by the Quad Racing Association is now less a week away, with a dateline of Sunday, February 23rd. The doors will open to the public at noon, with licensed bars and fast food outlets also available.

As well as the excitement of the powerful Quad bikes, there will also be mini-bike action, plus six or seven Speedway demonstration races. New Rockets No.1 Edward Kennett is set to feature in that part of the programme, together with Testimonial star Luke Bowen and Steve Boxall, plus Kent Kings Ben Morley, Daniel Blake and Brandon Freemantle.

The meeting is planned to go ahead regardless of the weather, so rain or shine the public will have a final chance to see track action at Rye House before the new air fence is fitted.

Admission is: Adults at £5, with children free. A race card will also be on sale.

It would have been nice, too, if there had also been a couple of sidecar races and possibly even a couple of races for front-engine midget cars? But despite my mini-gripe, it looks a nicely planned and entertaining programme. All success to the venture.

Yes I suppose Sidecars could've been in there too but it is a Quads event in the main and I think the move towards these Quad Speedway meetings in the past couple of years has been a really positive thing - so they deserve to take centre stage!

The Midget Cars I've never seen and would love; to but in truth does anyone own any let alone race them here in the UK?

The Speedway demo races see two of my all-time favourite riders in Eddie Kennett & Stevie Boxall take to track along with Kent Kings' Ben Morley and newbies, Brandon Freemantle & Dan Blake - so that's good.

Last Speedway at the famous track before a new era with the installation of the air fence.

Yes I suppose Sidecars could've been in there too but it is a Quads event in the main and I think the move towards these Quad Speedway meetings in the past couple of years has been a really positive thing - so they deserve to take centre stage!

The Midget Cars I've never seen and would love; to but in truth does anyone own any let alone race them here in the UK?

The Speedway demo races see two of my all-time favourite riders in Eddie Kennett & Stevie Boxall take to track along with Kent Kings' Ben Morley and newbies, Brandon Freemantle & Dan Blake - so that's good.

Last Speedway at the famous track before a new era with the installation of the air fence.

All success to this event today and hopefully it will enjoy good weather. I take it that you are attending P1928? And I endorse your comments.

Results from Sunday,

QRA Cavalcade of Speed

Quad Speedway (qualifying scores in brackets):

1st. Nick Wright (10); 2nd. John Dennan (9); 3rd. Chris Wright (1); 4th. Luke Cooper (15[M]); 5th. Carl Bunce (13); 6th. Rob Heath (6); 7th. Geoff Glover (9); 8th. John Elliott (6); 9th. Danny Smith (5); 10th. = Richard Shaw (3); 10th. = James Fletcher (3); 12th. Geoff Otway 1

Solo Speedway Competition:

1st. Steve Boxall (Rye House) 13; 2nd. Ben Morley (Kent) 8; 3rd. Edward Kennett (Rye House) 6; 4th. Daniel Blake (Kent) 4; 5th. Luke Bowen (Rye House) 3[M]

Youth Speedway:

1sy. Charlie Brooks; 2nd. George Fenner

Mini-bikes (qualifying scores in brackets):

1st. Shane Jordon (15[M]); 2nd. Colin Perkins (9); 3rd. Logan Whale (6); 4th. Nick Wright (0)