British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pete cc

What Happens When A Rider Is Missing?

If a team has a rider missing do they still have r/r to use & will the national league reserves have to take these rides?

In the event that a national league rider is unable to ride his position will be offered to any member of the public who can provide proof of a recent cycling proficiency test

• Like 9

If a team has a rider missing do they still have r/r to use & will the national league reserves have to take these rides?

Kind of. Before or during the meeting if a rider is missing it's the next above and all below in the averages that can take a ride.

If top or 2nd in averages, the remaining riders can replace these rides

If 3rd in averages, 2nd and below can take a ride

If 4th in averages, 3rd and below can take a ride

and so on

The only notible change from last season is R/R comes into force for a rider withdrawn from a meeting already started, removing the need for a No'8 rider

Edited by screamer

Kind of. Before or during the meeting if a rider is missing it's the next above and all below in the averages that can take a ride.

If top or 2nd in averages, the remaining riders can replace these rides

If 3rd in averages, 2nd and below can take a ride

If 4th in averages, 3rd and below can take a ride

and so on

The only notible change from last season is R/R comes into force for a rider withdrawn from a meeting already started, removing the need for a No'8 ride

So if rider is having an off day could he just claim he is not fit, withdraw after his third ride let the rider above him in the averages take his fourth ride.

• Like 2

So if rider is having an off day could he just claim he is not fit, withdraw after his third ride let the rider above him in the averages take his fourth ride.

Yep. These were the rules some years back but was scrapped for the reason you mention. But (and rightly so imo) they see it as a lesser evil than having reserves taking heat leader rides which spoils the spectators experience. At least meetings should remain competitive throughout and that is what we all want at the end of the day isn't it?

• Like 3

Sceamer, has this been confirmed anywhere ?

Was confirmed at the King's Lynn supporters meeting a couple of months ago.

At least meetings should remain competitive throughout and that is what we all want at the end of the day isn't it?

I'd rather see less competitive meetings than blatant cheating

I'd rather see less competitive meetings than blatant cheating

Not a Poole supporter then :wink:

(couldn't resist)

• Like 3

Was confirmed at the King's Lynn supporters meeting a couple of months ago.

I was at that meeting, it was spoken about, but I was under the impression that it COULD be the case, no way was it CONFIRMED

I was at that meeting, it was spoken about, but I was under the impression that it COULD be the case, no way was it CONFIRMED

It was confirmed, they said that the only thing they were waiting on to dot the I's and cross the t's was which of the 2-3 race formats they'd go with. All the regulations are in place.

It was confirmed, they said that the only thing they were waiting on to dot the I's and cross the t's was which of the 2-3 race formats they'd go with. All the regulations are in place.

Exactly !!

If one of the reserves are missing through injury or riding for their NL side then each team must use one of the riders not selected from the original draft.

I.e if Max Clegg is riding for Cradley Leicester would have to use Dan Greenwood. Reserves can't guest for an EL side.

Leicesters biggest problem is when their fixtures clash with Cradley because both their reserves Max Clegg & Tom Perry ride for the same team in NL. Which would mean DOUBLE guest at reserve.