British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pete cc

What Happens When A Rider Is Missing?

But when this idea was first suggested by a promoter it was only to apply if a top rider was unable to continue after his first ride so it could not be used as a tactic. Only an aid to a weakened team.

Everybody still keeps banging on about the possibility of cheating if this is brought in. I will say again that it is muted that it will only be for a rider who is injured out in his first ride only and is unable to continue through no fault of his own. How can this be deemed to be cheating. It is purely to assist the damaged team.

Ive said for a long time, the rulebook actually is quite simple. It's about 7 pages long. The issue isn't the rulebook but how rules are ignored, bent and treated differently depending on who is asking.

That's my point, rule books can not be made smaller, only expand to counteract a different interpretation. I pretty much understand the rule book but we'll have different opinions on what certain rules mean as we have in the past. We've both been right and wrong.

Speedway's magic word, INTERPRETATION

Everybody still keeps banging on about the possibility of cheating if this is brought in. I will say again that it is muted that it will only be for a rider who is injured out in his first ride only and is unable to continue through no fault of his own. How can this be deemed to be cheating. It is purely to assist the damaged team.

So if a heatleader is injured in their second ride, their two subsequent riders will have to be taken by the NL reserves?

So if a heatleader is injured in their second ride, their two subsequent riders will have to be taken by the NL reserves?

That's how it looks and I agree it is not ideal but as nothing has been announced yet let's hope that such an idea will be extended to cover your concerns.

What I tried to say was that the referee decided, by excluding an opponent in an incident in which the 'injured' rider was involved, that any future rides can be taken by R/R if the doctor declares that rider unfit to carry on. The excluded rider's rides can't be covered by R/R should he also be declared unfit to carry on.

Sorry wasn't meant as a pop but was trying to say just how are they going to administer this when the track doctor was always considered to be dodgy at times at times in the past.

That's how it looks and I agree it is not ideal but as nothing has been announced yet let's hope that such an idea will be extended to cover your concerns.

Oh how exciting that will be then to see the NL reserves racing heat leaders in R/R rides.

It would be quite easy ..a certain rider only having one ride and being replaced by better riders would be a massive advantage ..so it would easy how somehow could look at it as cheating .

If the new format don't protect the NL riders from racing against the heat leaders, then why have we bothered changing the format at all.

We could just carry on as usual using the tried and trusted method that has served us in the past. and stopping all the problems this has created.........

It would be quite easy ..a certain rider only having one ride and being replaced by better riders would be a massive advantage ..so it would easy how somehow could look at it as cheating .

If say a team's top rider got wiped out by an opponent and could not carry on, why is it cheating if all his remaining rides are taken by any of his remaining team mates who are not as good. Also if say a team's 2nd or 3rd best rider is unable to continue after being injured by an opponent. Why is it cheating if all of his remaining rides are taken by riders with a lower average. After all it is the other team's fault in the first place so why should they gain an advantage.

• Like 1

If say a team's top rider got wiped out by an opponent and could not carry on, why is it cheating if all his remaining rides are taken by any of his remaining team mates who are not as good. Also if say a team's 2nd or 3rd best rider is unable to continue after being injured by an opponent. Why is it cheating if all of his remaining rides are taken by riders with a lower average. After all it is the other team's fault in the first place so why should they gain an advantage.

I don't he actually said it was cheating but merely pointing out that it is open to abuse. For example, let's say a #1 who doesn't particularly ride Lakeside very will is "injured" in his first ride and his subsequent rides are then taken by others in the team - all of whom ride Lakeside better than the "injured" rider.

I would like to think that team's wouldn't blatently cheat - but it has happened in the past where rules are bent slightly/a lot.

I don't he actually said it was cheating but merely pointing out that it is open to abuse. For example, let's say a #1 who doesn't particularly ride Lakeside very will is "injured" in his first ride and his subsequent rides are then taken by others in the team - all of whom ride Lakeside better than the "injured" rider.

I would like to think that team's wouldn't blatently cheat - but it has happened in the past where rules are bent slightly/a lot.

Surely in that case the team would just get the rider to fske an injury before the meeting and get a guest or r/r (if rr is allowed this year).

I still think this is a good rule, it jyst needs wording well to svoid manipulation. The first r/r ride should need to be taken by a rider with a lower average.

I disagree with those suggesting that the facility should only be available to riders not at fsult - imagine the controversy ifctwo riders crash in the firstvheat, both ate injured but only one side gets to use r/r, and its the wrong team cos the ref makes a shocker of a decision.

Also perhsps stste thst only injuries resulting or aggravated in a crash during the meeting render a rider eligible for r/r - claiming tummy ache or a sore fingernail would require replacement by reserves.

He would have to be wiped out by a Lakeside rider first though. If that happens then fair enough. As somebody posted earlier - don't wipe the opposing riders out.

Surely in that case the team would just get the rider to fske an injury before the meeting and get a guest or r/r (if rr is allowed this year).

I still think this is a good rule, it jyst needs wording well to svoid manipulation. The first r/r ride should need to be taken by a rider with a lower average.

I disagree with those suggesting that the facility should only be available to riders not at fsult - imagine the controversy ifctwo riders crash in the firstvheat, both ate injured but only one side gets to use r/r, and its the wrong team cos the ref makes a shocker of a decision.

Also perhsps stste thst only injuries resulting or aggravated in a crash during the meeting render a rider eligible for r/r - claiming tummy ache or a sore fingernail would require replacement by reserves.

That's what refs are for. They do occasionally get it wrong (but, funnily enough, it's only ever one team that complains) and somebody has to make the decisions.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

There is a simple solution to this. Make teams line up in average order. Then allow any rider to be replaced at any point in the meeting, by any rider below them.

There is a simple solution to this. Make teams line up in average order. Then allow any rider to be replaced at any point in the meeting, by any rider below them.

Far too sensible! Please take yourself away from this forum! :rofl::D:wink:

• Like 1

Just an example. .......

Last season Wolves struggled to relpace Ty Proctor and eventually got Robert Misk000wiak who was quite frankly dreadful.

Wolves in this case could have watched RM go out in his first ride and score nothing ......... then persuade him to be ill and his rides could have then been shared by Ricky Wells, Jacob Thorssell and Ludvig Lindgren.

Although to be fair, if Wolves had used R/R they would have been much better off

Yes. So the so called "protected" reserves will be put up against the top riders.

I have been saying fo sometime that they should be in average order but the example you dhow would benefit those with a rider on a modest average like Mikkel Michelsen 5.00 or Vaclav Milik 4.00 and then use them as much as they want.

• Like 1

I have been saying fo sometime that they should be in average order but the example you dhow would benefit those with a rider on a modest average like Mikkel Michelsen 5.00 or Vaclav Milik 4.00 and then use them as much as they want.

Obviously it would have been a good idea to agree the rules BEFORE clubs signed their riders, but beggars can't be choosers!