British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Benefit Fund Bonanza, Leicester 09/03

So team GB have been announced for the meeting

Tai Woffinden, Chris Harris, Craig Cook, Danny King, Ben Barker, Lewis Bridger, Ritchie Worrall and Kyle Howarth

• Like 2

So team GB have been announced for the meeting

Tai Woffinden, Chris Harris, Craig Cook, Danny King, Ben Barker, Lewis Bridger, Ritchie Worrall and Kyle Howarth

With Scott Nicholls possibly lining up for the Rest of the World team - according to Twitter!!! :t:

If anyone can help with sponsorship for this event to help with the costs, please email me juliereading22@btinternet.com. I have a few rider/race or tyre & fuel opportunites left.

All sponsorship money goes directly to the SRBF to help support our injured riders.

Richard Lawson replaces Lewis Bridger in The British Team because he does not think he will have his equipment ready in time and The Rest Of The World Team does not include Scott Nicholls

Not riding for ROW now either!! Full line-ups on Leicester website!

Richard Lawson replaces Lewis Bridger in The British Team because he does not think he will have his equipment ready in time and The Rest Of The World Team does not include Scott Nicholls

how the hell does it get to a point where a pro speedway rider doesnt have a bike ready after doing nowt for 4 months plus...would an Aussie or a Dane be in that position???

• Like 2

Unless there is a very good reason, not a good start with a new manager.

Must admit I thought it a bid odd.

Has Nicholls decided not to ride for GB again this year?

Didn't he retire from Team GB, full stop, I don't recall it being a one-year sit-out. He's retired. End of! And for the reasons why he retired, I don't blame him for doing so.

how the hell does it get to a point where a pro speedway rider doesnt have a bike ready after doing nowt for 4 months plus...would an Aussie or a Dane be in that position???

British speedway is a farce from the top levels of the BSPA to the attitudes of the riders that ride under the BSPA's Team GB banner. If the people at the top treat the sport in a haphazard way, how can you blame the riders for inheriting similar sloppy attitudes?

If Rosco wants to have any chance of creating a strong Team GB for the future he needs to start with a clear message now. Something along the lines that Bridger will be suspended from international call-ups for at least the 2014 season. Then if any other rider wants to try his luck, follow it up with a 2 year suspension. About time British youngsters learn the meaning of discipline! If it means some "key" riders being sat on the sidelines, so be it. The team won't be much the worse for it in the short term and a lot better off for it in the long term.

EDIT:

Seems that Richard Lawson gets the call up to replace the unprepared one, ahead of Ben Barker. Seems that Barkers antics in Prague haven't been forgotten then!

Edited by The Pedaler
  • Like 1

Didn't he retire from Team GB, full stop, I don't recall it being a one-year sit-out. He's retired. End of! And for the reasons why he retired, I don't blame him for doing so.

British speedway is a farce from the top levels of the BSPA to the attitudes of the riders that ride under the BSPA's Team GB banner. If the people at the top treat the sport in a haphazard way, how can you blame the riders for inheriting similar sloppy attitudes?

If Rosco wants to have any chance of creating a strong Team GB for the future he needs to start with a clear message now. Something along the lines that Bridger will be suspended from international call-ups for at least the 2014 season. Then if any other rider wants to try his luck, follow it up with a 2 year suspension. About time British youngsters learn the meaning of discipline! If it means some "key" riders being sat on the sidelines, so be it. The team won't be much the worse for it in the short term and a lot better off for it in the long term.

EDIT:

Seems that Richard Lawson gets the call up to replace the unprepared one, ahead of Ben Barker. Seems that Barkers antics in Prague haven't been forgotten then!

This is a charity match. Not an official test meeting. Banning riders is cutting your nose of to spite your face anyway.

Barker is in the 8 man team.

Woffinden, Harris, King, Cook, Barker, Lawson, Worrall, Howarth.

But Richard Lawson was promoted ahead of him instead of (as was predicted in the Polish media) Barker.

This is a charity match. Not an official test meeting. Banning riders is cutting your nose of to spite your face anyway.

I don't care if it's "unofficial". It's Team GB. Either that means something or it doesn't. Just because it's the BEN Fund doesn't give a license to riders to take liberties. Wearing the Union Jack should be a privilege to be respected not a thing to be pooh-pooh'd. The time to set an example is now. If some discipline isn't installed now then by the time the next (official) time that Team GB come together, for the SWC at KL, it'll be too late, and just as happened in Prague, riders thought they could do what they wanted, any way they wanted.

Get a grip Rosco. Ban Bridger NOW.

Barker is in the 8 man team.

Woffinden, Harris, King, Cook, Barker, Lawson, Worrall, Howarth.

But Richard Lawson was promoted ahead of him instead of (as was predicted in the Polish media) Barker.

What on earth are you talking about?? Ben Barker was and always has been included in the GB team for the Ben Fund. Lawson replacing Bridger is the only ever change meaning Barker is ahead of Lawson. I'm clearly missing something!!!