British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stephen cook

Dragons Dates For 2014

Dragons Amateur Speedway Club are pleased to announce their anticipated dates schedule for this season.Once again we will be returning to the best race circuit in the country the Norfolk Arena Kings Lynn,also one of the top training circuits at Iwade Sittingbourne.The club kick off the campaign with some practice sessions to allow for some de-cobwebbing.Anybody is welcome to join us,whether to do your own thing,or whether you wish to make use of the clubs Training Instructors.You can do as much or as little as you wish,last years event saw several riders having up to eleven rides Oh To Be Young ! Bookings can be made by contacting Julie Tutton on 01633 858899 or 07920002785. Dates Saturday March15th Sittingbourne (practice/training). Sunday March30th Kings Lynn (practice/training). Sunday April13th Sittingbourne (practice/training). Sunday May4th Kings Lynn (Held over 2013 club class championship with support events)

Sunday May18th Sittingbourne

Sunday June 8th Sittingbourne (Eve Lanham Memorial event)

Sunday June 22nd Kings Lynn

Sunday July 20th Sittingbourne (credit crunch 1st Leg)

Sunday August 3rd Sittingbourne (credit crunch 2nd Leg)

Sunday August 17th Kings Lynn

Sunday September 7th Sittingbourne (support/intermediate club championship)

Sunday September 21st Kings Lynn (2014 club class championship)

Sunday October 12th Sittingbourne

Sunday October 26th Kings Lynn

Saturday November 8th Kings Lynn (The Big Bash)

Cookie.

I will attend some of those... even if I don't have my bike to ride. Need my speedway fix! :)

It is with the utmost disappointment that we have been informed that there will be no Dragons events taking place at the Old Gun Site , Sittingbourne for the foreseeable future. This is a situation that has arisen and is beyond our control, to say that we are devastated is the biggest understatement ever but we now have no choice but to press on. We are looking into the possibility of holding events elsewhere and will inform via this forum if anything should prove successful.

Many thanks for your support, Russ and Cookie.

Such a shame when we were so close to starting the season.

Lets hope an alternative is found soon and wherever that may be I am sure you will have continued support. I for one appreciate all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes so that we have the opportunity to ride our bikes.

Good luck to Russ, Julie and Cookie.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know Russ. Does include training days?

Edited by Woodee

Am gutted it as come to this after all the hard work securing insurance so Dragons can run this season,hopefully this is not the end for Iwade,as nobody wants to see that.

Cookie.

It is now just under two weeks until the Dragons Amateur Speedway Club kicks off its 2014 campaign at the Norfolk Arena, King's Lynn on Sunday 30th March with a 1pm start.

As usual for a first event of the year this will be a Practice/Training event with the Clubs' Training instructors on hand to help with anything you need to get yourself back in the swing after the winter break.

These events always prove extremely popular with heaps of track time available so if you wish to join us then please book in with Julie Tutton on 01633 858899 or 07920 002785.

With all of the problems we have experienced of late the Club is now going full steam ahead into the new season, some we hope to see you on Sunday week.

Edited by Ride n Slide Dayz 2013
  • Like 2

His dad came back to the track to say he was waiting for a brain scan as he had a lump on back of his head,but was sat up on a bed chatting,hospital said if scan ok,he would be allowed to go home.Not heard anything since so hopefully all ok.

Cookie.

The Dragons first amateur meeting of the season takes place at the Norfolk Arena on Sunday May 4th start time 1pm,all classes and abilities catered for,also open to non members,to enter contact Julie Tutton on 07920002785.

• Like 1

The long wait for some competitive action is over, looking forward to seeing everyone, old and new faces alike !!

If you haven't experienced amateur speedway the dragons way then it's well worth giving it a go, you'll definitely be back for more !!!

See you on Sunday week, Russ

• Like 1

I have recently joined the Dragons but rode on a day licence last year, so I assume you can still do this.

Normally you are allocated to group or team of similar riding ability so no one is out of their comfort zone. Not 100% sure about the silencer regs but recommend you speak to Julie Tutton on the number above.

Meetings are very well run and you will be made welcome, always a friendly atmosphere.

Hope this helps.