British Speedway Forum
baz brush

Coventry Stadium Sold

Don't worry about us Cobblers fans we'll be OK. Scrapping for our lives at the foot of the table is what we do most years.

I dare say some keen football fans will take in the odd Coventry match on occasion just as keen speedway fans go to matches not involving their team, occasionally.

I cannot envisage a mass exodus of Cobblers fans to CCFC no matter what fate befalls the Cobblers this season.

Once a Cobbler always a Cobbler!

Didn't Sandhu own half the stadium and some dodgy geezer who was arrested for fraud own the other half. I thought SAndhu and the guy had to sell Brandon to pay the fine. If he has brought it back and now owns it all the bees are in safe hands, are they not? Sandhu is well loved at Coventry and he wouldn't see the end of the Bees over a housing estate, would he now.

Him and Trump were the true speedway fans, the one the Coventry fans backed to the hilt in 2011. Or that's what they had you lot believe. time will tell but I know where I would place my bet on what is going to happen.

So what's the truth then?

So what's the truth then?

We've known since he ducked out of speedway, disillusioned with its politics, that Sandhu has wanted to sell to develop for housing. He's now doing that. Heaven knows why he became so disillusioned; I can only guess. What we're left with is a repeated promise that he will find another stadium, which he first told us in a crisis meeting during the winter of discontent. It's up to Bees fans and speedway supporters in general if they believe that or not.

• Like 2

What we're left with is a repeated promise that he will find another stadium, which he first told us in a crisis meeting during the winter of discontent. It's up to Bees fans and speedway supporters in general if they believe that or not.

Along with flying pigs, Santa Claus and fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Isn't there an empty stadium at Hinckley ? Surprised the football didn't move there as it's nearer than Northampton but it could house speedway

• Like 1

Isn't there an empty stadium at Hinckley ? Surprised the football didn't move there as it's nearer than Northampton but it could house speedway

Up for sell by the liquidator currently. 4 interested parties apparently. I don't think Cov football could play there - ground grading and such. Lack of seats etc.

Too many houses too near (including those belonging to both my daughters, off Barwell Lane, and a cousin of mine on Waterfall Way - and they'd all blame me personally!) for speedway. Besides: Wrong county....

It's off Normandy Way by the side of the rugby & cricket clubs and opposite Burbage Common (and just across the road from Barwell, yes).

• Like 1

A right scurrilous lot, Rugby Borough Council by all reports i've seen from afar.

There's a council leader (Humphries) who has had allegations made against him of serving his own vested interests in housing developments decisions. Then another councillor who allegedly managed to ensure that one of his landowner pals received retrospective permission to run a rat-breeding farm building just outside of Rugby (to stock his reptiles business with snake food), overturning a previous decision not to allow it.

So the chances of a new home in the Borough of rugby may hinge on who knows who, old chap, nudge nudge. How "well-connected" is Mr Sandhu??

A right scurrilous lot, Rugby Borough Council by all reports i've seen from afar.

There's a council leader (Humphries) who has had allegations made against him of serving his own vested interests in housing developments decisions. Then another councillor who allegedly managed to ensure that one of his landowner pals received retrospective permission to run a rat-breeding farm building just outside of Rugby (to stock his reptiles business with snake food), overturning a previous decision not to allow it.

So the chances of a new home in the Borough of rugby may hinge on who knows who, old chap, nudge nudge. How "well-connected" is Mr Sandhu??

Thats how it is with every thing in this world it's not what you know it's who you know been like that for years

With a bit of luck Sandhu ends up with a white elephant earning him sod all !

What chance has a potential buyer getting through Rugby Council as many have tried before.

Just look at Oakdale Nurseries across the road from the stadium.

just give up !

12 months after speedway has ended in Coventry it will just take up a few inches in the speedway star about he history, Nigel Boocock, Rick France, Ron Mountford Ole Olsen and to me Gary Gugliemi (out and out entertainer)

I originally have commented that speedway will fold on the uk if coventry were no more - but know I was wrong.

Long live British Speedway !

I don`t have a problem with Sandhu selling the land, thats what he bought it for in the first place, the last ten years or so have been a bonus however it does seem a bit cloak and dagger on Sandhu`s part but again its his business what he does with his money. Most people in Sandhu`s situation would do the same ! I have too much respect for him to start slagging him off now, in my eyes he`s been a hero over the years.

Edited by dornier

I don`t have a problem with Sandhu selling the land, thats what he bought it for in the first place, the last ten years or so have been a bonus however it does seem a bit cloak and dagger on Sandhu`s part but again its his business what he does with his money. Most people in Sandhu`s situation would do the same ! I have too much respect for him to start slagging him off now, in my eyes he`s been a hero over the years.

If an alternative site is not found(we all know the difficulties)Mr Sandhu will be the man who ends speedway in Coventry. How that gives him hero status I'm not sure !
  • Like 3

It's off Normandy Way by the side of the rugby & cricket clubs and opposite Burbage Common (and just across the road from Barwell, yes).

I know where you mean - thank you!