British Speedway Forum
baz brush

Coventry Stadium Sold

Have heard on a greyhound forum (reliable source) that Coventry Stadium has been sold and the last meeting is tomorrow night (Saturday). How will this affect Speedway ?? Any ideas anyone ??

• Like 1

Apparently the trainers didn't know either but has been confirmed by the racing office at Coventry and a statement will follow later.

Ive heard nothing either, if it has been sold I doubt its to Sisu as local press have been quiet about it for a while.

Have heard on a greyhound forum (reliable source) that Coventry Stadium has been sold and the last meeting is tomorrow night (Saturday). How will this affect Speedway ?? Any ideas anyone ??

As the site has to be a motorsort venue and has a lease for several more years speedway 'should be' safe.

There appears to be a meeting being held right now 2-00pm, at the moment everything else is pure speculation.

Ive heard nothing either, if it has been sold I doubt its to Sisu as local press have been quiet about it for a while.

As the site has to be a motorsort venue and has a lease for several more years speedway 'should be' safe.

That optimism seems likely to be misplaced.

Clever dogs!

I'd get them to write the bspa statements, can't do any worse!

• Like 1

Coventry dogs are to release a statement shortly.

Clever dogs!

I'd get them to write the bspa statements, can't do any worse!

They thinks it's 'ruff' presumably...... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Sisu have confirmed to Cov and Warwick radio it is NOT them who has purchased the stadium.

With the Elite League season only a few weeks away this is a total disaster for Speedway. To lose a historic venue like Coventry at virtually zero notice is terrible news. Not good for their riders either, where can the get a ride at this late stage.

I think everyone knew Brandon was borrowed time as a stadium but no one could have expected the end to come so quickly

With the Elite League season only a few weeks away this is a total disaster for Speedway. To lose a historic venue like Coventry at virtually zero notice is terrible news. Not good for their riders either, where can the get a ride at this late stage.

I think everyone knew Brandon was borrowed time as a stadium but no one could have expected the end to come so quickly

A bit alarmist methinks! Nobody has said that Speedway will not see out it's current lease! (At least two year's remaining)

Should make for an interesting 'Tapes Up' programme on BBC CWR on Monday evening.

ATB

Dave