Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
baz brush

Coventry Stadium Sold

Really? It really bothers me where/how they obtained it. I suppose that's the difference between a Swindon fan and a Poole fan - we have scruples! :wink:

If that's the Russian currency, its a shame you didn't have more of it last season?!!!! :D

If that's the Russian currency, its a shame you didn't have more of it last season?!!!! :D

Good attempt at humour wrapped up in sarcasm :wink:

Not a surprise that a Poole fan doesn't know what the word means :wink:

Good attempt at humour wrapped up in sarcasm :wink:

Not a surprise that a Poole fan doesn't know what the word means :wink:

Which words that, humour or Sarcasm? :D

• Like 1

Which words that, humour or Sarcasm? :D

Oh and here's Poole's answer to Norman Wisdom - Mr. Grimsdale :wink:

Oh and here's Poole's answer to Norman Wisdom - Mr. Grimsdale :wink:

More like Poole's answer to Eccles.

The leader of Rugby borough council has stated he would like to talke to Coventry speedway about relocating the Bees into a new site .they would like to keep it in the borough report at Rugby Fm

Edited by kingbee
  • Like 2

If a new site could be found who is going to finance the purchase of the land and the building of a new stadium.

Hopefully not. I wouldn't want anything to do with Eddie Mitchell.

There are a few wealthy Russians now living in Sandbanks - as AFC Bournemouth found to their benefit!!

Edvardo Mitchellski

Might have well use the Ricoh stadium.

They have offered to talk to the Bees about using the Arena.

If a new site could be found who is going to finance the purchase of the land and the building of a new stadium.

could be council owned land joint venture with Sandu there's plenty in the borough don't knock it you need the council on your side

Might have well use the Ricoh stadium.

yes then get kicked out when the football moves back in I don't think Cov city intend to build a new stadium Edited by kingbee

could be council owned land joint venture with Sandu there's plenty in the borough don't knock it you need the council on your side

yes then get kicked out when the football moves back in I don't think Cov city intend to build a new stadium

I don't think the club will ever set foot in the Ricoh again.

I'd like to think that the Sky Blues will go back to the Ricoh, but am beginning to have my doubts TBH. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they stay in Northampton - especially as the Cobblers are on the slide and a good many of their fans are starting to turn up on a Sunday afternoon for CCFC matches.

The Ricoh would make a lovely National Speedway/Bees stadium, granted, but there are too many obstacles I fear - not least the necessity to remove a huge swathe of seats at either end and re-contour the banking to suit (it's much too short between the existing end fences to house a properly-sized speedway track unless a Costa Mesa-esque one is found acceptable. Hah!).

Yes, the council need to find a tenant, and the Bees sort of fit the profile - but they wouldn't be big enough of an earner to make it worthwhile. A much-reduced capacity 'bowl' might help in that respect (while also possibly interesting Cov RFC as they appear to be building towards a genuine effort at getting back to the top league, and have recently secured substantial funding from a very wealthy former player to that end. 22,000 seats? Much too big for the Bees to be sure, but with another major tenant making it an all-year-round facility, who knows?

I don't think the club will ever set foot in the Ricoh again.

You would only need a change of ownership for City and they would be in there like a shot. The Bees need a stadium of there own with a long lease so the fans are not allways wondering whether they will be running the following season one more point can't see the stox at the Richo Edited by kingbee