British Speedway Forum
baz brush

Coventry Stadium Sold

I'd like to think that the Sky Blues will go back to the Ricoh, but am beginning to have my doubts TBH. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they stay in Northampton - especially as the Cobblers are on the slide and a good many of their fans are starting to turn up on a Sunday afternoon for CCFC matches.

Crowd last Sunday was less than 2,000, still pitiful compared to crowds at the Ricoh, or even compared to the Cobblers home gates.

Interesting tweet :

Nigel Harrhy (@N16ELS)

27/02/2014 23:04

Well i never, it seems that Coventry owner Mr Sandhu, has formed a new company, and just bought the stadium:

off himself

Edited by Bees_Man
  • Like 1

Interesting tweet :

Nigel Harrhy (@N16ELS)

Well i never, it seems that Coventry owner Mr Sandhu, has formed a new company, and just bought the stadium:

off himself

Who is Nigel Harrhy?

Found him and the tweet...Still, who is he? :/

Edited by Jacques

http://www.rugbyfm.co.uk/news/local-news/council-leader-open-to-bees-talks/

rugby fm story, rather worrying implies that a deal has been done with the council to change the use of the land....... why else would he be "open".

A deal that would see the site is due to be completed imminently.

What does that mean? :blink: I don't know if it's me but just lately I am increasingly unable to understand a lot of things people write. I have got the hang of SCB after all these years and the fact I have to move a few letters or words around but now others are trying to confuse me as well. :lol:

.....Jacques..... Who is Nigel Harrhy?

Stock Car Driver.

Edited by Gemini

A deal that would see the site is due to be completed imminently.

What does that mean? :blink: I don't know if it's me but just lately I am increasingly unable to understand a lot of things people write. I have got the hang of SCB after all these years and the fact I have to move a few letters or words around but now others are trying to confuse me as well. :lol:

Stock Car Driver.

Aaah, I don't follow stock cars..... :) Too noisy .LOL ;)

Interesting tweet :

Nigel Harrhy (@N16ELS)

off himself

How much truth do we feel is in this post?

Surely Sandhu wouldn't tell fans hes 100% dedicated to finding a new site whilst being the person responsible for developing/destroying Brandon stadium?

How much truth do we feel is in this post?

Surely Sandhu wouldn't tell fans hes 100% dedicated to finding a new site whilst being the person responsible for developing/destroying Brandon stadium?

Wasn't that his aim from day dot though?

He's always wanted to build on that land and he's always said he'd build a new home for the speedway.

He's always wanted to build on that land and he's always said he'd build a new home for the speedway.

But if able to develop it now why not just do it rather than buy land that is already his

Saying and doing are two entirely different things!!! If this news is true I would be very concerned regarding his actual intentions.

• Like 1

the fact that the leader of the council is "on side" looking for a new site, means they must have agreed to change the planning restrictions, otherwise his response would be:

"we have a designated area for motor sports already" which would be my response, the fact that he is open to a new site tells us all we need to know.

If sandhu has brought it back, doesnt surprise me, i would do the same if i could.

he was forced to sell the site, but knowing if you could break the planning restrictions it would be 20 times that value, then you would do whatever you could to keep the piece of land.

It appears he has done a SISU!

in one way thats a better outcome, we know who to go to if things go wrong rather than a face;less builder

Didn't Sandhu own half the stadium and some dodgy geezer who was arrested for fraud own the other half. I thought SAndhu and the guy had to sell Brandon to pay the fine. If he has brought it back and now owns it all the bees are in safe hands, are they not? Sandhu is well loved at Coventry and he wouldn't see the end of the Bees over a housing estate, would he now.

Him and Trump were the true speedway fans, the one the Coventry fans backed to the hilt in 2011. Or that's what they had you lot believe. time will tell but I know where I would place my bet on what is going to happen.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

But if able to develop it now why not just do it rather than buy land that is already his

I don't know if this is the actual scenario regarding Mr Sandhu and Coventry Stadium but here's an obvious answer to your very fair question ...

If a company owns a property but that company also owes a shedload of money elsewhere, then the creditors owed that money could use the value of that property within the process of chasing their money and getting as much of it back as possible.

But if that company sells that property before the creditors start making progress towards whatever's left for them, the value of that property can't now be included in the creditors' chase because it no longer belongs to the company they're chasing and they're not owed anything by the company that now owns it.

Establishing any link between the owner of the company selling the property and the owner of the company buying the property doesn't much help the creditors get their money back ... its only real use is giving them the chance to share that information with any of the authorities helping their chase.

• Like 1

Crowd last Sunday was less than 2,000, still pitiful compared to crowds at the Ricoh, or even compared to the Cobblers home gates.

That's sort of my point though. Of that 'crowd' there were quite a few 'Fisher Freebies' and others from Northampton. If, as seems possible, the Cobblers slide off the edge of the earth (or at least into non-league), and if CCFC can maintain their status and build on it, then I think we'll see that figure grow - with more disenchanted Cobblers fans.

Just my speculation.

Ugh. Please don't liken Sandhu to SISU! I feel sick now.... (This to philfromcov - not you Salty :wink: ).

Edited by FranktonBee