Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
baz brush

Coventry Stadium Sold

It amuses me people call the stadium run down and call for a new stadium. A new "stadium" will in all likely hood be a track in a field. Then moan about the lack of fresh paint and the crumbling terracing because there will be nothing to paint and no terracing to crumble!

Brandon is still one of the best stadiums in British Speedway.

True. Its like a lot of things in life when you see it every week you see all the faults under a microscope but as an occasional visitor I don't see much wrong with the place. As a speedway stadium I agree you won't find many better places in British speedway.

• Like 1

Speedibee I totally agree with your post, are correct in your saying that, why move from brandon. Do not trust sandhu. I think He's going to be pulling the wool over all the Coventry bees eyes if they believe his so called story about finding a new piece of land and a new stadium. Complete rubbish, the sooner people realise that the better, stay put and stay at brandon. Otherwise your Your have nothing at all.

Trying to save speedway at Brandon will be a waste of time

The only way speedway would have been able to stay at Brandon beyond three years from now would have been if it had been sold to a speedway promoter. But it hasn't. it has been sold to a developer who will develop the land into housing because thats his business.

The only way Sandhu will be involved in providing a new stadium is if he is the developer... BTW Dont say no to that idea as somebody will need to do it..The qestion is who is going to be his or any other developers customer for the new stadium?

Do we actually know its Sandhu that's somehow rebought the site? Apart from one random tweet I've seen nothing to prove this. If he has however the Bees fans will maybe be more comfortable about the future if Sandhu bought the club back from Horton, that will show some sort of commitment to find somewhere new. I am very dubious that it is Sandhu who has bought Brandon however.

• Like 1

Sadly unless a financier/sponsor or potential shareholder can step forward to help fund a new stadium. The current promotion will do the most cost effective thing for their business.

Coventry Speedway will always be better off staying where it is. Redevelopment needs to be stopped.

• Like 1

yes quite emotional yesterday, for all its old faults still a place full of memories, it has an air of permanency about it, lacking in most stadiums.

there has been much talk over the years of the "motor sport convenient" and how difficult it is to change.

i rather suspect to get this change would need the support of the fans, queue a season full of glory i suspect for that very reason!

One of the oldest venues still going. Will be sad if it closes. I would hope planning will make it difficult to change its use but they do appear un-nervingly confident about getting it!

All the firsts for me 1st time I saw speedway and never missed a visit in all the seasons Ive been going and my first rain off was also my first visit.

Great stadium had many a happy time watching speedway and some of the stock cars meetings in the 70s.