Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
orion

Speedway Betting 2014

Aces at 8/1 look best value

Kings lynn decent vslue at 3/1 also

Edited by waihekeaces1

I have backed Torun to win their league with two different bookies. I certainly won't be touching the Bel at this time, because it's a magical mystery tour.

Edited by BritPete

And aside to the current debate on speedway betting: does anyone recall the Speedway Pools, heavily backed by the Speedway Star? That would have been somewhere around 1956 or 1957. It failed to take a hold with the speedway public at large. From what I recall the Speedway Pools only featured on the Saturday matches - but the memory dims on that some 57 years on.

And aside to the current debate on speedway betting: does anyone recall the Speedway Pools, heavily backed by the Speedway Star? That would have been somewhere around 1956 or 1957. It failed to take a hold with the speedway public at large. From what I recall the Speedway Pools only featured on the Saturday matches - but the memory dims on that some 57 years on.

Vaguely for me too! I do recall two bookies offering speedway bets that were published in that magazine though, and we had to phone them to place our bets. Until online betting came along, of course.

Edinburgh Minions favourites at 7/2, Victor should stick to being stalked by cross dressers.

• Like 1

I don't agree with Betting on Speedway full stop. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It can only lead to the further corruption of our wonderful Sport. :sad: :sad:

There has been betting on speedway for decades. Take it away, and there would be less people interested in the sport than there are now.

There has been betting on speedway for decades. Take it away, and there would be less people interested in the sport than there are now.

I know, and sadly you may be right - but there can be NO argument against my original statement that it can and probably will lead to further corruption in our Sport.

Where there is Betting - there is corruption - as sure as Night follows Day. :sad: :sad:

How have they got Eastbourne so high? :/

Edinburgh Minions favourites at 7/2, Victor should stick to being stalked by cross dressers.

Not seeing that, Rye House look great value to me, a few risk but if they come off... Also Berwick

How have they got Eastbourne so high? :/

Not seeing that, Rye House look great value to me, a few risk but if they come off... Also Berwick

So high !

Do you think we should be shorter odds then?

If Kim's fit or Timo comes back i reckon 10/1 a fair price and i'll be wading in

So high !

Do you think we should be shorter odds then?

If Kim's fit or Timo comes back i reckon 10/1 a fair price and i'll be wading in

I dont see what makes you better than Leicester or Lakeside ATM

Looking again, Swindons almost as bad! Nick Morris as a heatleader is going to struggle to score much more than 3 or 4, two pretty naf reserves. massive pressure on the top 2 IMO. I've got the league as being a top 4 (Poole, Coventry, BV and Lynn), a bottom 4 (Leicester, Birmingham, Eastbourne, Lakeside) and the middle of Swindon and Wolves