British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robinsgirl

Van Nyys Stamped On Gm Rocker Cover?

Does anyone know any history or links to find out more about this? I have come into contact with a GM engine that has VAN NYYS stamped into the rocker cover.

I see that a rider by the name of Marc Andrews listed Reg Randell (Van Nyys Blueprinted Racing Engines) as a tuner on his web site.

Does anyone know any history or links to find out more about this? I have come into contact with a GM engine that has VAN NYYS stamped into the rocker cover.

I see that a rider by the name of Marc Andrews listed Reg Randell (Van Nyys Blueprinted Racing Engines) as a tuner on his web site.

Sorry, I am not going to be of any specific help, but do remember the name Van Nys. Actually, is it one or two 'y's in the Nyys or Nys? I seem to remember a rider or riders going back a couple of decades using the services? You could ring Trevor Hedge and ask him? He can be helpful, if he's not too busy! Or RTN (Tommy Nichols). He too can be helpful if not too busy! You could try Martin Hagon at Hagon Shocks. In fact, I an not sure if Martin didn't use these engines? Good luck!

Sorry, I am not going to be of any specific help, but do remember the name Van Nys. Actually, is it one or two 'y's in the Nyys or Nys? I seem to remember a rider or riders going back a couple of decades using the services? You could ring Trevor Hedge and ask him? He can be helpful, if he's not too busy! Or RTN (Tommy Nichols). He too can be helpful if not too busy! You could try Martin Hagon at Hagon Shocks. In fact, I an not sure if Martin didn't use these engines? Good luck!

Thanks Ray, I'll keep digging!