British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattR

Finnish Gp

Just read from my email that Kauko Nieminen is #17 and Juha Hautamäki #18 for this meeting.

I had a really nice sauna booked for the whole gp weekend, really nicely situated at the city center. Would have welcomed a hundred guests. Had to give it away and having a few drinks with friends instead.

Just read from my email that Kauko Nieminen is #17 and Juha Hautamäki #18 for this meeting.

I had a really nice sauna booked for the whole gp weekend, really nicely situated at the city center. Would have welcomed a hundred guests. Had to give it away and having a few drinks with friends instead.

So no Timo Lahti? Personally I would have picked him as reserve before both Hautmäki and Nieminen.

So no Timo Lahti? Personally I would have picked him as reserve before both Hautmäki and Nieminen.

It's public knowledge he doesnt want to be there. Instead planning to lineup at Daugavpils for the SEC quali, which apparently WILL be held on may 17th, not on may 4th like the sec site said a week ago.

It's public knowledge he doesnt want to be there. Instead planning to lineup at Daugavpils for the SEC quali, which apparently WILL be held on may 17th, not on may 4th like the sec site said a week ago.

And people wonder why some of us have an issue with the SEC!

To Your information the SEC Quali was set for May 4 at Rivne in the Ukraine. This has been cancelled due to the polticial situation in the Ukraine, and Daugavpils has now taken over this meeting, but at later date which is May 17th.

• Like 1

And people wonder why some of us have an issue with the SEC!

Don't think you can blame the SEC for Timo not wanting to be there.Maybe blame the FIM/BSI :rofl:

Don't think you can blame the SEC for Timo not wanting to be there.Maybe blame the FIM/BSI :rofl:

I actually think scb was implying on the date of the sec quali and me saying it's not on may 4 as one sport says. Havent seen the 17th confirmed anywhere yet. I heard it from a source reliable enough to quote...

Oh so the SEC gets the blame for the problems in the Ukraine.I guess they are also to blame for the missing plane in the Indian ocean and Manchester Utd getting knocked out of the Champions League :rofl:

Come on bigD... Youre not following...

Wouldn't be the first time.....especially after a few bottles of Einbecker Ur-Bock :P

I actually think scb was implying on the date of the sec quali and me saying it's not on may 4 as one sport says. Havent seen the 17th confirmed anywhere yet. I heard it from a source reliable enough to quote...

I was already prepared to say I'm gonna be wrong! :lol:

But now checked and the Polish 1st division is riding on May 4th with Lokomotiv having a home meeting against Lodz. Now everyone in favour of having a SEC quali and a league meeting on the same date, hands UP? :P

Can anyone give me some pointers on the best/cheapest way to get from Helsinki airport to Tampere ......

A group of us arrive in Helsinki at 16:30 on the Friday and at the moment have no idea of the best way to get up to Tampere (also by the time we get there many of us wont be in a position to speak English let alone Finnish !!).

Many thanks,

George. :drink:

Daugavpils website has it on the 17th.

• Like 1

Daugavpils website has it on the 17th.

Yes. Think thats dated 2-3 weeks earlier than the Sec site saying its on 4th may?

Can anyone give me some pointers on the best/cheapest way to get from Helsinki airport to Tampere ......A group of us arrive in Helsinki at 16:30 on the Friday and at the moment have no idea of the best way to get up to Tampere (also by the time we get there many of us wont be in a position to speak English let alone Finnish !!).Many thanks,George. :drink:

Try www.vr.fi/en for the trains, seems a reasonable price if booked in advance.