British Speedway Forum
youngy105

Tickets For Sky Meetings

"Tickets From £17" - it says on the front page relating to the Coventry fixture (and the same principle will apply to the rest)

It's very unfortunate that this is somewhat misleading, because click on the "get tickets" button and you are offered up a page with all the discounted ticket prices. In other words, it's not "From £17" at all. £17 is the maximum price. The problem is, if you are a pensioner, or a student, or under 16, you may never find out that the cheaper options apply because your expectation, reading "From £17" is that the prices will be £17 and upwards.

A bit of an own goal I suspect.

• Like 1

"Tickets From £17" - it says on the front page relating to the Coventry fixture (and the same principle will apply to the rest)

It's very unfortunate that this is somewhat misleading, because click on the "get tickets" button and you are offered up a page with all the discounted ticket prices. In other words, it's not "From £17" at all. £17 is the maximum price. The problem is, if you are a pensioner, or a student, or under 16, you may never find out that the cheaper options apply because your expectation, reading "From £17" is that the prices will be £17 and upwards.

Yes - that is very misleading. Let's just hope that folk look in to it a little further than that headline.

• Like 1

For once, one of your moans is correct :o

Why would anyone bother to buy tickets in advance for Sky meetings? There's always plenty of room because lots of fans stay at home and watch on T.V. Am I doing something wrong because I can't see any discounts so what's the point?

• Like 7

Why would anyone bother to buy tickets in advance for Sky meetings? There's always plenty of room because lots of fans stay at home and watch on T.V. Am I doing something wrong because I can't see any discounts so what's the point?

Fair comment Gemini. :t::approve: :approve:

actually when i saw the topic i assumed tickets were going to be free or at least heavily discounted

would look much better if the stadium was full (er)

already being paid by Sky so not really losing out

I wonder if Sky will keep any ticket money they get (?), to help offset the 'televised meeting' costs!?? :rofl::D

I suppose with an advance ticket you'll still have to queue.

I suppose with an advance ticket you'll still have to queue.

Unlesss Tracks have a dedicated Gate for these Tickets (which I doubt) - I would guess the answer to that is a resounding YES!!!

Would expect a ticket purchased in advance entitles you to use the season ticket gate, otherwise as Gemini states, what's the point. Problem with discounting is potential conflict with season ticket holders.

Apparently there is a catch - if the visitors are Poole the ticket only guarantees the viewing of ten heats.

Nice one rmc. :t::D :D

Apparently there is a catch - if the visitors are Poole the ticket only guarantees the viewing of ten heats.

When the Pirates are in town it's usually all over by heat 10 anyway.

There's always plenty of room because lots of fans stay at home and watch on T.V.

Not at Berwick there wasn't. I was pleased I'm 6'5" or I wouldn't have seen that epic Diamonds victory such were the throngs at Shielfield..