British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve9

Leicester V Peterborough 22/3 Pre-season Challenge

Welcome to the elite league and guests et al

Of course the PL and NL never use RR & guests. :neutral::rolleyes:

• Like 1

No Dryml or Blackbird for Panthers. Nick Morris guests for Dryml, guest for Blackbird TBC.

Aaron Summers for Blackbird I understand and it is RR for Jason Doyle.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Still need a texter...anyone?

Think we could beat the Elite League side tonight, shame its not the proper Panthers though.

I intended to go to this meeting but after last night at Coventry I feel the need for a week's break to get over it. :lol:

I intended to go to this meeting but after last night at Coventry I feel the need for a week's break to get over it. :lol:

was it that good ?
  • Like 1

Still looking for a texter..anyone?

Good win for the Panthers, and a great showing from Jacobs, Greenwood and Ostergaard.

Premier League 1, Elite League 0. :)

• Like 3

Got a feeling it's going to be a tough first season in the EL for the Lions well done the Panthers

OK it was strengthed a little but losing to a PL team? Poor reserves being shown up, Joe Jacobs scores paid 10 despite only beat 1 of Leicesters top 5 (because he fell off). Going to see a lot of that this season.

The issue now is that Leciester are stuck with these reserves all year, unless they sign someone else off the draft but they're certainly going to struggle to make thee reserves any better. As I said in November, good reserves and you're laughing, bad top 5 and you can make changes and strengthen thanks to the points limit.

OK it was strengthed a little but losing to a PL team? Poor reserves being shown up, Joe Jacobs scores paid 10 despite only beat 1 of Leicesters top 5 (because he fell off). Going to see a lot of that this season.

It shows up the danger of the new format. It should not be the case that the young reserves win or lose matches but it was all too obvious that they would, on a regular basis. Teams who have chosen badly will suffer, and see the efforts of their expensive and carefully-assembled top five being undone.

• Like 3

Was it a good meeting? I'm guessing it may have been better than normal as the weather conditions prevailant tonight usually give us the only meetings that do entertain.

Re: the reserves. It was an interesting choice that even though leicester got one of the first, if not first, pick of the second reserves they picked what appeared on the face of it to be one of the/if not the weakest riders from the available list in Max Clegg. I'm not trying to do Max down as he may well come good but it's shows either a blind faith or lack of knowledge of the sport not to have seen that he is a different stage of his development to most the riders the Lions could have chosen. Looked a very odd choice although the reasoning may or may not have a relevance in that his mentor turned out to be the new Lions team manager. If it doesn't come together soon, and frankly it's looking pretty unlikely to, then it will be an interesting dynamic between a promoter who wants/needs success, a team manager and his protege as Lions regularly concede a reserve advantage of 10 + points a meeting to their opponents.

Edited by volty
  • Like 2

Reserves losing 16-4 is going to cost any team unless the top 5 all have blinders & there lies the problems with the draft system as ain't gonna be long before fans, riders & promotors get fed up losing meetings as a result.

• Like 1