British Speedway Forum

I was amazed this winter that a few people asked me if I was going to be updating the racecard I made years ago to reflect the new heat format. So I did.

Its HERE should anyone want a copy.

Simple put the names of the riders up the top in the grids and it fills in the heads for you. Add the riders scores in each heat and it;ll put the scores up the top for you. If theres a a reserve/sub/rr then put the riders name, spelt as above in the substitute column and it'll do all the calculating for you. Put an ! after any TR rides so it can calculate a team mates bonus point correctly

Useful if you're sat in front of the tele watching a meeting and too lazy to do any maths!

Edited by SCB

Me personally, I'm amazed anyone was still using mine and it's going to have been download many times less as the user can update it themselves, they don't need me to do it - Proper IT, automation/letting the end user do it not the highly skilled, greater cost IT expert LOL

Well personally I'm astonished you, SCB, of all people should be bothered with such a thing - considering you're always telling us you never complete one because you can remember all the heat results and therefore progressive score in your head!!!

Good grief. I've had the old version of your racecard for ages, had no idea where I'd downloaded it from or who the creator was. What a useful man you are. That wee card got me interested in producing excel sheets for research purposes, and watching matches on the telly. I'll post my 2014 effort up later but it wasn't designed with anyone but me in mind, though I'm sure you clever types could work it out.

Swap out the green helmet colour by the way ;)

Swap out the green helmet colour by the way ;)

Thats the first mistake, now for the rest!

What I really want to know scb is whether your racecard is "truly innovative?"

Well its about 10 years old now, so probably not.But then we all know things were better in the good old days, so sod innovation I say!

Edited by SCB

Well its about 10 years old now, so probably not.But then we all know things were better in the good old days, so sod innovation I say!

What a STAR you are SCB. With comments like this - you may overtake jacques in my affections as favourite Poster. :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

• Like 1

What a STAR you are SCB. With comments like this - you may overtake jacques in my affections as favourite Poster. :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

TWK, I thought Tsunami was your favourite poster, or have you had another tiff over him using the last of the milk, leaving you none for your cornflakes at breakfast. :D

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

I was amazed this winter that a few people asked me if I was going to be updating the racecard I made years ago to reflect the new heat format. So I did.

Simple put the names of the riders up the top in the grids and it fills in the heads for you. Add the riders scores in each heat and it;ll put the scores up the top for you. If theres a a reserve/sub/rr then put the riders name, spelt as above in the substitute column and it'll do all the calculating for you.

Useful if you're sat in front of the tele watching a meeting and too lazy to do any maths!

When I attempt to write a riders name in the score-chart, a message comes up telling me that the 'Protected cells can not be modified', is there a way round that please?

When I attempt to write a riders name in the score-chart, a message comes up telling me that the 'Protected cells can not be modified', is there a way round that please?

Same here SCB - I have tried to alter a Name I entered and I cannot - it asks for a Password. I have tried to alter it to Unprotected Sheet in the 'Review' Section but that doesn't work either.

Can you help please?

At the risk of being pedantic, the riders totals and heat totals won't show half points :D Not that we seem to get any these days...

I'm not having any of the problems you're describing Mimmo & TWK. Are you entering the name in the first cell and overwriting h1, h2 etc?

Here's my effort for this season. Totally different concept, you will need to scroll the page but you can enter more information. While the racecard itself can be exported (saved) as an Adobe PDF, the purpose of said card is to produce the report, again for transferring to PDF. I've filled it out with an imaginary match showing what can be added and where. A lot of the information is prepared in dropdown boxes but these can be overwritten if need be. Have a poke around and you'll soon get the idea. Only cells that require user input are open, everything else is locked out, so you can't delete anything vital. Excel 2007 or newer is recommended, however it should run on 97-2003.

For 2007 - users: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvg8v5g6nb499nf/UK2014EL.xlsx

97-2003: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycqs9b76xjxwywq/UK2014EL97.xls

PDF report example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/08j25a1n67acool/UK2014ELexample.pdf

I haven't tested it to destruction but am using the 'engine room' of the file elsewhere and it's going ok. Only other thing to note, enter rider names (if not using the dropdown choices) in what excel calls 'proper' type ie Tai Woffinden - this allows the TR rider to be shown correctly in the report.

It is set up for my needs, namely to produce the Star-style report, but I've come to regard that as a better way to present the information, having initially preferred reproducing a racecard. Not to everyone's tastes but there you have it. And all that started with SCB's wee file :t:

Simple put the names of the riders up the top in the grids and it fills in the heads for you. Add the riders scores in each heat and it;ll put the scores up the top for you. If theres a a reserve/sub/rr then put the riders name, spelt as above in the substitute column and it'll do all the calculating for you.

.....or to actually attend a meeting!! :shock:

I had the same problem.

I then worked out that all I had to do was click on the H1,H2,A1,A2 etc,etc. NOT the middle of the box. Hey presto, it works!

Simples! :t:

Thanks SCB.....Was wondering what we would do without the SKY programmes