British Speedway Forum

I was just wondering if anyone could share any decent speedway games around for the PC?

I don't know if anybody uses the www.speedwayplus.co.uk website much but I used to play a game on there a few years back called speedway meeting I personally used to like it but I got a new laptop sometime ago and tried to download it again but with little luck, Does anyone else know what im on about? does anyone know if it's actually been updated at all?

Flying shale, available from roo games, is an excellent speedway simulation program, though doesnt have more recent seasons or heat formats.

I used to have that yeah but don't think it works on windows 7 unless you know any different?

It works fine on Windows 7 if run as an admin.

I have never looked at why it requires elevated privileges, but will check that when I get a chance.

Edit - In case you don't know, you can right click and select the option to run a program as an admin.

2nd Edit - Actually it seems that it only needs to run as Admin once. After that it runs fine with normal privileges. The creator of the game is on this forum, so he might know why it needs a first run elevated.

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 1

It works fine on Windows 7 if run as an admin.

I have never looked at why it requires elevated privileges, but will check that when I get a chance.

Edit - In case you don't know, you can right click and select the option to run a program as an admin.

2nd Edit - Actually it seems that it only needs to run as Admin once. After that it runs fine with normal privileges. The creator of the game is on this forum, so he might know why it needs a first run elevated.

If you don't mind me asking how do you run it as an admin? I'm useless with computers to be honest lol, so if you could talk me through it I'd be very grateful

EA should make a speedway game, I know it wouldn't be very good though because that's the EA way :)

EA should make a speedway game, I know it wouldn't be very good though because that's the EA way :)

Then perhaps Carling should............................................. :t::party: :party: :party:

I was just wondering if anyone could share any decent speedway games around for the PC?

To be honest with you, there are no decent Speedway games (well, not decent compared to what I usually play), but sometimes Currys/PC World sell the official FIM Speedway GP 4 game for 97p. (It's also available at Amazon - link)

To be honest with you, there are no decent Speedway games (well, not decent compared to what I usually play), but sometimes Currys/PC World sell the official FIM Speedway GP 4 game for 97p. (It's also available at Amazon - link)

Reading most of the Reviews - it looks pretty poor to me.

Reading most of the Reviews - it looks pretty poor to me.

It is pretty poor, but it's the only proper game out there. I was lucky enough to get it for 97p, but I have many other games to play.

Decent game I play and few others on here aswel.

http://britishspeedwaysliders.com/

not to everyones taste but can get quite addictive.

By far the most addictive speedway game around.Been playing this myself since 2006.Get involved :)

By far the most addictive speedway game around.Been playing this myself since 2006.Get involved :)

Agreed, great community of speedway fans to be apart of also.