British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Swindon & Poole Home And Away On April 18

The fixture list looks like a dog's breakfast so far, although I appreciate with so many riders doubling up and down it must have been a nightmare to compile.

Well Josh is our asset so he should be riding, not sure on Newman but isn't he a Poole asset as well? As Plymouth are riding we will be without Smart. Somerset are at home to Plymouth so will Morris ride for Swindon or Somerset? I guess Swindon as he has only just signed for Somerset.

Not sure on the Swindon reserves.

Josh and Kyle will ride for Poole, Nick will ride for Swindon Edited by Pirate Nick

Well Josh is our asset so he should be riding, not sure on Newman but isn't he a Poole asset as well? As Plymouth are riding we will be without Smart. Somerset are at home to Plymouth so will Morris ride for Swindon or Somerset? I guess Swindon as he has only just signed for Somerset.

Despite all the hard work of Matt, Middlo & Darcy, Nick is a Swindon asset so will be riding for them rather than Somerset.

• Like 2

Smart rides for Devon (NL) not Plymouth (PL) so Smart will be available.

Is this a typo - do you mean Le stade de la merde?

You cannot Polish a Merde and there is only so many times that you can roll it in glitter!! :t:

Edited by Flyin Panther

All these clashes are ridiculous, you can see a situation where play off positions are gained or lost by how many meetings reserves miss.

Edited by Bagpuss

Was hoping Poole would be the evening one as working 9 to 5..............damn it..........

RP

All these clashes are ridiculous, you can see a situation where play off positions are gained or lost by how many meetings reserves miss.

Certainly going to affect Swindon when they have to get a guest in for Steve as was already shown at Lakeside.

Edited by Crazy robin

It isn't like this is a new thing. We have all moaned about riders missing vital fixtures for many a season now.

Not been as bad as this though.

Not been as bad as this though.

I agree that the Draft system means there is likely to be a few more clashes because of the amount of leagues some are in. But the doubling up situation has helped cause this problem in the reserve berths for a while now.

Will Worrall actually get to ride in any away fixtures?! Season hasnt started at Blunsdon yet but im already dissolusioned enough not to waste my money going

I agree that the Draft system means there is likely to be a few more clashes because of the amount of leagues some are in. But the doubling up situation has helped cause this problem in the reserve berths for a while now.

Yes but at least teams werent left only with the option of the likes of bloody Williamson to replace riders with!

SWINDON ROBINS
1. Peter KILDEMAND 8.25
2. Nicolai KLINDT 4.17
3. Troy BATCHELOR C 8.21
4. Simon GUSTAFSSON 5.17
5. Nick MORRIS 5.90
6. Dan GREENWOOD RES
7. Benji COMPTON RES
Team Manager: Alun ROSSITER

POOLE PIRATES
1. Chris HOLDER 9.23
2. Josh GRAJCZONEK 4.48
3. Przemyslaw PAWLICKI 7.15
4. Vaclav MILIK 4.00*
5. Maciej JANOWSKI C 6.95
6. Lee SMART RES
7. Kyle NEWMAN RES
Team Manager: Neil MIDDLEDITCH
SCB Referee: Graham REEVE

Taken from Swindon site

I think Swindon missed a trick not making S Worrall an asset once they got him in the draft. It's going to hit them hard every time Edinburgh ride on the same night, bit of a farce really.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1