British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Swindon & Poole Home And Away On April 18

Conveniently forgetting Poole's partnership with Scunthorpe!!!!!! But I guess if you want to have yet another unjustified pop at Poole, then you will!!!! :mad:

Getting back to the thread, I think these meetings could well be much closer than many seem to think. Poole certainly haven't clicked 100% yet and Friday night will be Poole's first away meeting so we'll see how Magic, Shamek and Vaclav get on - not forgetting Smart of course!!

Come on Skidder even you have to admit that Poole have never supported a National Lge team & only now have a link with Scunthorpe because it suits their needs & do not have a history of bringing young British riders through?.

Yes fair play to them for doing the link with Scunny as other clubs like Swindon had a chance to do it as well but please don't let that gloss over the facts of what they've done before.

• Like 1

Having watched the meeting last night I am not too worried about the meetings on friday. Not having Steve Worrall is a major loss and Poole have a very good reserve in Kyle Newman. A lot will depend if Magic has an on or off night. The Robins will match the rest of the team, should win at home and get at least a point in Dorset.

Both SS and Starman are getting their excuses in already.

• Like 1

Think these could be closer affairs than certain Robins fans are giving credit for. No Worrall is a blow, but still expect to hold 3-3's in the reserve races (so not a comfortable 10-2 swing as mentioned earlier). Top 5's are well matched. Be happy with 3 points from the 2 meetings.

Conveniently forgetting Poole's partnership with Scunthorpe!!!!!! But I guess if you want to have yet another unjustified pop at Poole, then you will!!!! :mad:

Poole/Ford should be applauded for doing something with an eye to the British future, however until Poole actually utilise any promising youngsters from the Stags development programme then they haven't contributed anything other than finance right now and have played no part in any youngsters development from Scunthorpe so far.

But like i say, if more EL/PL teams linked up with NL sides it might just help to put more into the next generation.

Both SS and Starman are getting their excuses in already.

Its either excuses or walks in the park for them. Little modesty.

Come on Skidder even you have to admit that Poole have never supported a National Lge team & only now have a link with Scunthorpe because it suits their needs & do not have a history of bringing young British riders through?.

Could have sworn that Poole ran a NL team for two seasons with the Buccs. Or was that my imagination?

When did Swindon last run a NL team? Amazing how people from other clubs like to throw stones yet their own promotion dont do anything to help the youngsters.

Poole have a link up with Scunthorpe, and pay a lot of money out in the youth developement up there. Without Matt Fords input there would be no Scunthorpe NL side.

Where does Swindon have the same link up?

I see Gavan is back from his short sabatical and straight back on the Poole thread slagging away. He just doesnt seem to learn. LOL!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Think these could be closer affairs than certain Robins fans are giving credit for. No Worrall is a blow, but still expect to hold 3-3's in the reserve races (so not a comfortable 10-2 swing as mentioned earlier). Top 5's are well matched. Be happy with 3 points from the 2 meetings.

Do you really think Lee Smart will get beat by Dan & Benji as I really can't see it even on the basis of Lee last night?.

Do you really think Lee Smart will get beat by Dan & Benji as I really can't see it even on the basis of Lee last night?.

Yes I do - I rate Benji quite a bit higher than Lee Smart and Dan Greenwood on a par, so far from a foregone conclusion

• Like 2

Yes CR I agree with RR and also reckon Benji will beat Smart, and if Smart makes the gate he will be so surprised he will fall off.

• Like 1

I used to look forward to the battles between Phil Crump vs. Peter Collins & Leigh Adams vs. Jason Crump but you're right what do they matter when you can see Lee Smart vs. Dan Greenwood:-(

Your constant griping about the new format has no logic to it. In the past, when Crump rode Collins, assuming they were riding in number 3 under the old 13 heat format, the other two riders in the heat could have been Gary Chessell and Declan Eccles.

Now when your top boys meet they are always up against fellow heat leaders or second strings, which gives greater parity to the heat. Like wise reserves are meeting each other and second strings, and already they are taking points off second strings.

If you're of the belief that the two reserves in a team should be foreigners that are capable of 7.50 averages then you're never going to be happy with the new format, but throughout Speedways history there has always been strung out races and the new format has done nothing to increase it.

Could have sworn that Poole ran a NL team for two seasons with the Buccs. Or was that my imagination?

When did Swindon last run a NL team? Amazing how people from other clubs like to throw stones yet their own promotion dont do anything to help the youngsters.

Poole have a link up with Scunthorpe, and pay a lot of money out in the youth developement up there. Without Matt Fords input there would be no Scunthorpe NL side.

I see Gavan is back from his short sabatical and straight back on the Poole thread slagging away. He just doesnt seem to learn. LOL!

sorry i didnt realise pointing out the facts is slagging a team off

• Like 1

Your constant griping about the new format has no logic to it. In the past, when Crump rode Collins, assuming they were riding in number 3 under the old 13 heat format, the other two riders in the heat could have been Gary Chessell and Declan Eccles.

Now when your top boys meet they are always up against fellow heat leaders or second strings, which gives greater parity to the heat. Like wise reserves are meeting each other and second strings, and already they are taking points off second strings.

If you're of the belief that the two reserves in a team should be foreigners that are capable of 7.50 averages then you're never going to be happy with the new format, but throughout Speedways history there has always been strung out races and the new format has done nothing to increase it.

If I wanted to watch National League riders then I would pay to do it & it has nothing to do with having foreigners at reserve either.

It's a view & there's no right or wrong on it that's all.

Oh yeah that great 2 seasons of support & only one more season than Swindon did then so hardly makes Poole the saviours of young British riders.

All credit to Poole for getting involved with Scunny which is exactly what I said but hey don't let that stop you Steve.

• Like 1

I think Swindon missed a trick not making S Worrall an asset once they got him in the draft. It's going to hit them hard every time Edinburgh ride on the same night, bit of a farce really.

I see Belle Vue have announced the diving of Steve Worrall as an asset.

I see Belle Vue have announced the diving of Steve Worrall as an asset.

Great move by them but strange as Steve said that he wanted to go out on his own & not ride in the same team as Richie & I imagine Richie will be at Belle Vue for the long term if they have any sense.

I see Belle Vue have announced the "diving" of Steve Worrall as an asset.

He should do well on a wet track, no wonder he has signed for Belle Vue. :D

Swindon slipped up there.

What now happens re our draft reserve if they need him in their 1 - 5

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

Poole/Ford should be applauded for doing something with an eye to the British future, however until Poole actually utilise any promising youngsters from the Stags development programme then they haven't contributed anything other than finance right now and have played no part in any youngsters development from Scunthorpe so far.

But like i say, if more EL/PL teams linked up with NL sides it might just help to put more into the next generation.

Its either excuses or walks in the park for them. Little modesty.

Kyle Newman started in the NDL with the Buccaneers at Poole, anything wrong with that? The lads keen, he's a local lad wants to ride for poole and wants to be the best he can. And he's English... He'l have my support all day long..

• Like 2