British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stratton

What Are People's Hopes For The New Season.?

Indeed mate, should add that a season without any rule bending, dodgy conduct or call offs due to a weak team would be nice too.

You got more chance of seeing flying pigs than that happening but we can live in hope.

• Like 1

To see Poole win nothing, finish 5th after clinging onto 4th all season.

Ha ha ha ... :t:

Yet another year of disappointment for you then?

Just hope that all teams can see the season out ...think it's going to very hard to with crowds bound to drop once the season because of the new rule about the reserves what in my view is a poor one and will have a massive effect on teams like Swindon who have ended up with poor ones that they won't be able to do nowt about it .

• Like 1

I think it has to remain at two, otherwise one kid on his own really would be swamped by it all.

Not really. If there was a points limit for the top 5 again, then teams could have say 7.00 to sign the two reserves. Some draft riders may be over a 3.00 average, so all reserves would be no higher than a 4.00 rider and this would be better for doubling up riders not in the draft.

The draft riders would be at #7 and would face each other in the two reserves races and also once in another heat. So it wouldn't be much different than now but teams wouldn't be relying on the scores of draft riders so much as they will be this season in my opinion.

However the Premier League also needs to adopt this system instead of employing out of touch foreigners they would have a young British reserve.

Just hope that all teams can see the season out ...think it's going to very hard to with crowds bound to drop once the season because of the new rule about the reserves what in my view is a poor one and will have a massive effect on teams like Swindon who have ended up with poor ones that they won't be able to do nowt about it .

I do agree the rule is a poor one, but i don't believe that rule alone will have an affect on crowds.i think in World Cup year it is going to be a challenging one for the sport i just hope at Swindon we come through it and the sport also as a whole.

Yea forgot the World Cup as well ...I think I Fear for Brum the most with side they have put out .

We'll prepared tracks & great racing. As few injuries as possible and no rain until November

I just hope fans don't become fed up if their top 5 is scoring well but they keep getting beat because their draft riders are struggling.

Have a feeling one or two teams fans will certainly be worrying that is going to be the case.

Let's hope that any serious injuries though are something that won't get spoken about because there isn't any.

Fans will stop going if their team is losing. It happens every year in every sport. As orion says, Birmingham look very vulnerable. With their track record regarding attendances, I too fear for them.

I just hope fans don't become fed up if their top 5 is scoring well but they keep getting beat because their draft riders are struggling.

Have a feeling one or two teams fans will certainly be worrying that is going to be the case.

Let's hope that any serious injuries though are something that won't get spoken about because there isn't any.

This was the breakdown tonight.

Leicester 42, 1-5 scored 38, 6-7 scored 4

Peterborough 48, 1-5 scored 32, 6-7 scored 16

This was the breakdown tonight.

Leicester 42, 1-5 scored 38, 6-7 scored 4

Peterborough 48, 1-5 scored 32, 6-7 scored 16

There lies the problem & yes it's happened in the past but that was when you had a points limit for your whole team not your 1-5.

The problem now is it will stick in the throat even more & it will turn fans away as a result.

There lies the problem & yes it's happened in the past but that was when you had a points limit for your whole team not your 1-5.

The problem now is it will stick in the throat even more & it will turn fans away as a result.

Exactly. In the past if you built your team wrong and had poor reserve you could rebuild, drop someone from the 1-5 and try again. Now, if you have the wrong reserves you're stuck. On the other hand you could have a poor/average 1-5 and good reserves, see your team drop below the limit despite having two 8-9 point reserves (and if Joe Jacobs and Oliver Greenwood can score 8 each away from home, reserves can average 8-9) winning you meetings and you can strengthen up!

Whos going to get the stick? The reserves.

Edited by SCB

I think the League is going to be abit of a farce with the reserve rules.Clubs paying a fortune for Heat Leaders who probably won't have much influence on a match .But it is aTeam Sport.

Edited by Fromafar