British Speedway Forum
Bryn

R.i.p. 'nobby'

Am awaiting further details but sadly for all like myself who knew him, and Oxford Speedway, it appears that that Norman 'Nobby' Hall was rushed to hospital last night and passed away earlier today. I'm honoured to have been able to count him as a close friend, my thoughts are with his family at this difficult time and I really hope you agree with me that we must now re-double our efforts to save Oxford stadium in his honour. R.I.P. Nobby

• Like 4

Sad Sad news R.I.P. Nobby at last you are free of pain now. It was a pleasure to be a workmate and a friend at The home of the Oxford Speedway Team for a couple of years.Condolences to Shirley and the rest of the family someone please let me know when the funeral is thx :cry: .

Nobby - R.I.P. +

Horrible feeling in my stomach when Chivsy told me about our old mate Nobby.

But it was soon replaced with a warm feeling... memories of some great one-liners and put-downs, a wry smile, and the knowledge that he's now out of pain.

Nobby, I salute you... You were an extraordinary, devoted, hard-working gentleman and it was my pleasure to have met you and known you.

Rest in peace son, rest in peace

Such sad news but as others have said, no more suffering now. I first met Normie when he visited mutual friends (Margie and Keith Pilcher) in Townsville Australia about eight years ago. Normie then opened his home up to me and my Son when we first came to the UK, and there are so many great memories from the initial meeting right through to when we caught up again at Somerset last year. A true gentleman who will be greatly missed by all that new him. RIP Normie - I shall definitely be raising a glass of bundy rum to salute you in Cardiff this year.

• Like 1

Felt so sad this morning when Bryn first relayed the news. Nobby was a genuinely wonderful person who do anything for anyone. You will not find anyone with a bad word about him. I am so proud to have known Nobby for so many years

Condolences to the family and rest in peace old chap

• Like 1

sad news.
RIP Nobby, my daughter knows how to paint white lines because of you x

R I P Nobby, loved your trips to Peterborough and all the banter.

Nice tribute to Nobby in the sports bulletins on Radio Oxford today mentioning all the important things he had done over the years.

Edit Wednesday

todays Oxford mail has a piece on Nobby in it guess it will be on their website at sometime today fairly sure someone can post a link

Edited by Triple.H.