British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon V Poole Elite Shield 1st Leg. 27/3/14

This Thursday see the mighty Pirates take on Swindon in the first leg of the Elite Shield at balmy Blunsdon Stadium.

Looking forward to this fixture. A chance to get one over our rivals and hopefully keep it close enough to win our first silverware of the season.

Thoughts on the score?

Going to be close I reckon. Most of the Pirates go well at Blunsdon. Darcy is 'box office' there and I always enjoy watching Maciej Janowski.

See you there Shov. Wouldn't advise you wear your open toe'd sandals this time of year though.

Fairly close I reckon, four points either way. Could be more if there's any pre-GP bike testing going on.

The team from the depths of Dorset always mean a great meeting at Blunsdon.

Being the first meeting for both teams it could go either way but the racing, providing it is not used for GP testing of machinery, should be up to its usual great standard. Always welcome visits by Darcy and look forward to his style of riding. Magic can also be good but often does not ride to his ability. Josh is getting better each year and a rider I wish we had signed a couple of years ago. Vaclav could get a good score on the big circuit as could Shamek.

Killer is getting better each year and should be a match for Darcy, providing he does not try to visit the burger van on bend two during the race, Troy also going well the last couple of days. Nick may struggle as a heat leader for a while but will come good. If Nicolai and Simon show any of their previous form at Swindon they also could score well.

Will be interesting to see how the reserves for both teams perform.

Fairly close I reckon, four points either way. Could be more if there's any pre-GP bike testing going on.

I think the GP guys' bikes are packed already, so shouldn't be any of that going on.

This Thursday see the mighty Pirates take on Swindon in the first leg of the Elite Shield at balmy Blunsdon Stadium.

Looking forward to this fixture. A chance to get one over our rivals and hopefully keep it close enough to win our first silverware of the season.

Thoughts on the score?

I don't think it matters mate. The main Trophy is presented to us in October... ;)

Swindon to win this. Kildemand and Batch in top firm and if Klindt rides half as well as he did Saturday night then he is a big player for the robins

It only really matters when the 2nd leg is staged (whenever that is going to be)??! Poole know they can go to Blunsdon and get beaten but then steamroller the home leg!! :D:P:wink::rofl:

The team from the depths of Dorset always mean a great meeting at Blunsdon.

Being the first meeting for both teams ...................

Poole ride a challenge against Lakeside on Wednesday.

Not a level playing field then if Poole have match practice the night before.

Have a feeling that the meeting will be decided on the points at reserve & hopefully Steve & Darryl will have the beating of Smart but he knows The Abbey well.

I'll be surprised if it's anything but an away win.

Getting team meetings is all the more important now.

Good luck! :t:

Poole ride a challenge against Lakeside on Wednesday.

Missed that on the schedule, thanks Steve, that may give Poole a slight advantage.

Does anyone know if the pits will be open for half hour 6.30 until 07.00 like last year so the fans can have a look or is this going to be stopped?.

Going to be close I reckon. Most of the Pirates go well at Blunsdon. Darcy is 'box office' there and I always enjoy watching Maciej Janowski.See you there Shov. Wouldn't advise you wear your open toe'd sandals this time of year though.

And don't go to those ghastly bogs either. Edited by sidney