British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon V Poole Elite Shield 1st Leg. 27/3/14

What's the reason for his absence please?

I am PRESUMING that Darcy is not riding at Swindon tomorrow because he is practising / en route to Torun in Poland for the International Best Pairs meeting on Friday?

Of course, Darcy's partner is none other than Chris Holder....

It's March, its speedway....Prepare to be confuzzled on a regular basis.....

Bit of a joke Ward not riding but to be expected as those pesky pirates changed there line up so much last season.

Why cant Ward not make it? He needs to have a very good reason in my eyes because as club captain he should be there

Disappointing though. Ward is brilliant around. Blunsdon, Noddy slightly less so.

Think the move is advantage Swindon now for this one.

Only you could say that replacing a rider even as exciting as Darcy with the 2012 World Champion gives Swindon an advantage!!.

Bit of a joke Ward not riding but to be expected as those pesky pirates changed there line up so much last season.

Why cant Ward not make it? He needs to have a very good reason in my eyes because as club captain he should be there

Would much rather watch a safe Chris Holder than an accident waiting to happen in Darcy Ward no matter how exciting he is.

All will become very clear and above board later in the season Gav!! (All done with the approval and full agreement of Swindon and BSPA). Don't worry it'll give you another invalid reason to keep posting on a Poole thread!! :rofl::t:

Only you could say that replacing a rider even as exciting as Darcy with the 2012 World Champion gives Swindon an advantage!!.

Would much rather watch a safe Chris Holder than an accident waiting to happen in Darcy Ward no matter how exciting he is.

Having seen Chris race twice in recent days, he is still understandably a little off the pace imo so makes Poole a little weaker for the Shield 1st leg!!

Holder is more of a GP rider these days. Easy win for Swindon.

Only a challenge i am not that bothered it will be nice to see Chris ride as we will see Darcy on the 18th.

All will become very clear and above board later in the season Gav!! (All done with the approval and full agreement of Swindon and BSPA). Don't worry it'll give you another invalid reason to keep posting on a Poole thread!! :rofl::t:

Having seen Chris race twice in recent days, he is still understandably a little off the pace imo so makes Poole a little weaker for the Shield 1st leg!!

didnt say it wasnt agreed just very strange in my eyes why a club captain has no real reason not to turn out for his team.

cant say how people reckon it weakens Poole. Holder a world champion and australian champion or Ward who has won??????

Only a challenge i am not that bothered it will be nice to see Chris ride as we will see Darcy on the 18th.

Still the first leg of the Elite Shield sidney, according to meeting preview, not a challenge match. The preview states Darcy not available which seems strange. It will be very strange if he is there with the Poole riders.

So who is Chris going to replace later in the season ?

I reckon he's off to get a refund on those gnashers :D

Edited by Bagpuss

Quite Sidney it's only a challenge but try telling that to some on here.

World under 21 title TWICE Gav

Quite Sidney it's only a challenge but try telling that to some on here.

World under 21 title TWICE Gav

I would like to see Poole ride once a month at the Abbey as i am sure the Swindon promotion would do to always a great crowd a great atmosphere revenue also.!The clever planning of the Poole team this year gives them a option i believe they're starting line up is the best Millik is the key.I think he will do very well if someone underachieves they can maybe ? make a change (ie Chris) is available and can fit him in.

Not this time of year. Definitely thick socks and four layers of clothing, plus my thermal hat.

[/quote)

Under the new dress code regulations the hat will probably be confiscated by stewards, and set on fire if there is a Pirate emblem on it. :lol:

Holder not now as good as Ward, will go for a 10-point windon win.

It's the Elite Shield, but you try telling some on here that Why do some people just undermine meetings? If it's to look clever, it isn't working. It's easy to be cynical but ultimately it's only your own pleasure you're poisoning. Just try enjoying speedway, you might like it!

How can it be the Elite Shield when Poole are using a rider who is not in their team or able to guest as not in another Elite League team so can't be an official meeting surely?.

I've always been in favour of a squad system especially if it meant Holder & the likes riding in Britain.