British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside Hammers V Swindon Robins Ela 28 March

League Season opener for the Hammers - looking forward to seeing the new format in operation (and, hopefully, a home win).

Lakeside should win and take all 3 points, Providing the likes of Davey Watt, Lewis Bridger and PK provide decent back-up to Mikkel Bech.

Shouldnt that be back up to PK? in the past i seem to remember you were not a big fan of Bech i wonder why.?

Easy home win for the pessimist in me but I always plan for the worst but really do hope for the best.

Come on you Robins.

Tough opening match for Swindon, but anything can happen early season!

Is Watt riding as he's listed (along with Doyle, who arrives Thursday!) as sharing the 3rd Aussie rider position in the Euro Pairs in Poland??!!

Edited by Skidder1

Shouldnt that be back up to PK? in the past i seem to remember you were not a big fan of Bech i wonder why.?

Why not, he's blonde and Danish!!

Always look forward to the Robins coming. Nearly always a good meeting when they are in town. They have won on three of their last four visits to Lakeside and were the only team to get an away win there last year , which they did twice.

A lot depends on whether the Robins can cover the massive gap left by Hans Andersen's departure but if Gustafson and Klindt can ride to form they will be a tough nut to crack. Simon has often knocked up good scores when he came with Eastie and Nikolai has in the past been good enough to be picked to guest for the Hammers as a heat-leader and he rode very well, getting in heat15 as I recall.

I think though that Swindons middle order will have their work cut out containing Mikkel Bech at No4 and that is likely to be the difference between the two sides.

Is Watt riding as he's listed (along with Doyle, who arrives Thursday!) as sharing the 3rd Aussie rider position in the Euro Pairs in Poland??!!

Woodward is reserve for Aus in the Euro Pairs so yes Watt will be riding.

Woodward is reserve for Aus in the Euro Pairs so yes Watt will be riding.

Yes I saw that update and spoke to Davey last night, thanks.

This should be a very good meeting and one that is difficult to call.

However, I will go with home advantage with Lakeside the winners by 8-10 points?

interesting to see Lakeside are joint most expensive EL track this season for combined adult and program price along with Poole, however the latter at least has decent facilities which is more you can say for "Arena Essex"

With the sky deal and lower costs through having NL reserves, a price increase is taking the pee a bit is it not or do you disagree?