Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside Hammers V Swindon Robins Ela 28 March

As an ex wimbledon fan i attend four 'local' tracks now that one of my other regular venues the IOW has closed. Out of rye, kent, eastbourne and lakeside, the home of the hammers is the hardest for me to motivate myself to go to. It's difficult to get to from south london and standing on a grass bank for a couple of hours gets harder as i get older. I think The lack of facilities at most speedway tracks puts a lot of people off from attending.

interesting to see Lakeside are joint most expensive EL track this season for combined adult and program price along with Poole, however the latter at least has decent facilities which is more you can say for "Arena Essex"

With the sky deal and lower costs through having NL reserves, a price increase is taking the pee a bit is it not or do you disagree?

No increase in admission fees at Lakeside this season.

Improving stadium facilities is the remit of the owners not the Hammers' promotion.

Easy home win now as Swindon vs. Poole is now off & the riders have had hardly anytime on the track.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Tony please corrent if i am wrong but last season was it not £17 plus 2.50 program?

interesting to see Lakeside are joint most expensive EL track this season for combined adult and program price along with Poole, however the latter at least has decent facilities which is more you can say for "Arena Essex"

With the sky deal and lower costs through having NL reserves, a price increase is taking the pee a bit is it not or do you disagree?

Swindon, Eastbourne and a number of other clubs charge £17 the same as Lakeside, and at Lakeside you get free car parking, unlike some. Can't think of many programmes that cost less than £2-50.

As to facilities there is now a light in the gents toilet on the back straight which is a big improvement over last year. For those who prefer to go do it in the dark there is always the toilet under the bar so you even get choice. Don't know what else people expect. :wink:

Yeah it's just the program then that's gone up so that is an item people can choose not to buy however i do honestly think that £20 for the current elite product is too much, hopefully it won't put too many people off as good crowds create atmosphere and if Mikkel B Jensen is the star many predict then the price will not look half as bad.

Most of the Robins seem to go ok at Lakeside, although I can't see us retuning to Wiltshire with anything tomorrow. It is rare to see any visiting side win the first meeting of the season and especially at Purfleet.

Can see Bech hitting a big score. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a full house.

Ellis looked quality at Poole on Wednesday & top scorer tonight for Ipswich. Good solid side this season, should be in the play-offs again

Hammers by 12

Swindon, Eastbourne and a number of other clubs charge £17 the same as Lakeside, and at Lakeside you get free car parking, unlike some. Can't think of many programmes that cost less than £2-50.

As to facilities there is now a light in the gents toilet on the back straight which is a big improvement over last year. For those who prefer to go do it in the dark there is always the toilet under the bar so you even get choice. Don't know what else people expect. :wink:

A light in the back straight bogs? Sheer luxury! Supporters have visited our back straight bogs and never been seen again!

• Like 2

Home win. Robins' top 5 won't recover the 8 point swing from the reserve races.

No Steve Worrall as well so Matt Williamson guests. Why was that reported by the club before the day of the meeting??

No Steve Worrall as well so Matt Williamson guests. Why was that reported by the club before the day of the meeting??

Could it be that Steve is riding for his PL club Edinburgh in their home match against Glasgow? He can't be in two places at once! :lol:

Could it be that Steve is riding for his PL club Edinburgh in their home match against Glasgow? He can't be in two places at once! :lol:

Just a question Bryn, is it down to the fans to check that their riders are available or down to the club to let them know of any clashes before the day of the meeting?. Edited by Crazy robin

Just a question Bryn, is it down to the fans to check that their riders are available or down to the club to let them know of any clashes before the day of the meeting?.

How do you think clubs would be able to let all their fans know of any clashes?