British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Glasgow (ch) 28/3/14 @ 7.30pm

Gaz can you clarify?

Does Armadale have it's own micro-climate?

I can confirm George that Armadale is a dump even more so than our dump and is a trick track that is also Shi*e and the viewing is crap forgot to add that not sure about the Micro Climate bit ;) .

• Like 3

Glasgow almost hit 40 at Armadale, our prospects for the season look much improved. Bring it on.

• Like 1

Unless of course they almost hit 40 on Sunday too MD ;) Think both teams will be happy tonight blowing away the cobwebs.

Was not too bad a pipe opener i thought , some really good races there . The four reserves on show gave enough cause for optimism for both sides . The two rookies , Fox and Berge , struggled a bit , but it's early days for both of them . But both teams can take a bit of heart out of tonight's showing .

Whilst the coldest of winds spent the night blowing up my khyber a speedway meeting nearly broke out.

A typical first meeting of the season on the track, with everyone finding their feet .... Apart from Cook.

Heat 6 he had about 50 bhp more than Harrison who'd left him for dead on lap 2 when Craig over-Cooked it. The amount of ground he caught up to take Harrison on the line even had some of the Tigers faithful applauding. Dare I say he looked even quicker than last year? Keep that up Craig and you should make your personal goal of the World Cup squad this year.

So what of the rest?

An evenly matched meeting until heat 11, then successive Monarchs 5-1s sealed it. Was it the Tigers tiring out, or the home team stepping up a gear? A bit of both.

Six of the Tigers looked strong early doors, and probably took everyone by surprise. Berge looked like he was finding his way. No issue with that, he's left Armadale on his first visit in one piece! Job done!

Young Lykke was the surprise packet.

He gates like an elephant in quick sand, but he fights from there until the flag and in some heats looked much quicker than those in front of him. And he's not scared to mix it. I have a sneaky feeling he might just become the darling of the Ashfield public this year. The lowest key signing with no pressure of expectation.

Lemon and Harrison, ride like this at every away match, top it at home and they'll do for me. Theo will do the business this year.

Add Kevin Wolbert to this and it's not a team that'll finish bottom of the league. No way.

Edinburgh looked good ... credit to their promotion, they somehow manage to assemble teams of individuals that look like they'll improve their collective, cumulative average. This year is no different. Masters, Sedgmen and Worrall all looked good. The confidence they'll build up taking big PL scalps around the trick track will bring results on their travels. As for Fox, he falls into the Berge category.

A professionally presented stadium and match (Edinburgh programme terminology, not mine!) tonight, can only hope Ashfield can match this on Sunday (no singing girls PLEASE!!!!!).

Finally, all joking apart, I'm sure I'm not the only Tiger's fan who dreads the first meeting of each season at Armadale. Why? Injuries. Not an easy track for first timers.

So I've left the best until last.

The real star of the night tonight was ....

.... The air fence.

Why oh, why ... did we not have these years ago?

Not only does it enhance the presentation ... tonight two riders acquainted themselves with it and walked away.

Premier League speedway ..... welcome to the 21st Century!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 3

great to be back. more or less a a warm up for most riders except kasper. boy doesnt give up easy. some good signs but early days. dont think were gonna be a team of gaters mind.

Whilst the coldest of winds spent the night blowing up my khyber a speedway meeting nearly broke out.

A typical first meeting of the season on the track, with everyone finding their feet .... Apart from Cook.

Heat 6 he had about 50 bhp more than Harrison who'd left him for dead in heat 2 when Craig over-Cooked it. The amount of ground he caught up to take Harrison on the line even had some of the Tigers faithful applauding. Dare I say he looked even quicker than last year? Keep that up Craig and you should make your personal goal of the World Cup squad this year.

So what of the rest?

An evenly matched meeting until heat 11, then successive Monarchs 5-1s sealed the meeting. Was it the Tigers tiring out, or the home team stepping up a gear? A bit of both.

Six of the Tigers looked strong early doors, and probably took everyone by surprise. Berge looked like he was finding his way. No issue with that, he's left Armadale on his first visit in one piece! Job done!

Young Lykke was the surprise packet.

He gates like an elephant in quick sand, but he fights from there until the tapes and in some heats looked much quicker than those in front of him. And he's not scared to mix it. I have a sneaky feeling he might just become the darling of the Ashfield public this year. The lowest key signing with no pressure of expectation.

Lemon and Harrison, ride like this at every away match, top it at home and they'll do for me. Theo will do the business this year.

Add Kevin Wolbert to this and it's not a team that'll finish bottom of the league. No way.

Edinburgh looked good ... credit to their promotion, they somehow manage to assemble a team of individuals that looks like it'll improve it's collective, cumulative average. This year is no different. Masters, Sedgmen and Worrall all looked good. The confidence they'll build up taking big PL scalps around the trick track will bring results on their travels. As for Fox, he falls into the Berge category.

A professionally presented stadium and match (Edinburgh programme terminology, not mine!) tonight, can only hope Ashfield can match this on Sunday (no singing girls PLEASE!!!!!).

Finally, all joking apart, I'm sure I'm not the only Tiger's fan who dreads the first meeting of each season at Armadale. Why? Injuries. Not an easy track for first timers.

So I've left the best until last.

The real star of the night tonight was ....

.... The air fence.

Why oh, why ... did we not have these years ago?

Not only does it enhance the presentation ... tonight two riders acquainted themselves with it and walked away.

Premier League speedway ..... welcome to the 21st Century!

Good post George , a thoroughly entertaining meeting for a pre season friendly

Good post George , a thoroughly entertaining meeting for a pre season friendly

Agreed Paulco.

Must admit I can't remember the last time I enjoyed it as much. Think all the new faces was the main reason.

Also thought all our guys had no issue with the track which hasn't always been the same. Cause for optimism this year!

Good meeting to start the season track seemed very grip at the start with everyone drifting out to the fence. Once it slickened of a bit the racing got better.

Didn't look like we were going to win by 12 at all until we got going in the second half of the meeting, in saying that could have been more if it wasn't for foxs exaust falling off when in 3rd and sedgmens primary chain snapping while in second giffting the tiggers a 1-5.

Cook - as expected breezed through the meeting

Fox - struggled with bike problems all night looked better in last two rides especially in his last until his exaust decided to depart from the bike

Max - still can't gate but was quick when got going

Deek - fortgot how to gate in his first two rides then got back to his usual self in last 2

Sam - very impressed with him for his first meeting can only get better

Justin - not going to be at reserve very long and quick all night unlucky in hos third with an EF

Worrall - looks like he loves a dive bomb up the inside into turn 3 and was very good and fast in his last 2

tiggers

Wells - impresive looked quick all night

Lemon - soli as expected

theo - wasn't at the races tonight but still scored a solid 7

Berge - first to test the air fence out struggled a bit but can only get better for young man

Rusty - done his usual good couple of races a last and a fall

the reserves lykke was steady all night same as thomsen looked quick in his last trying to pass deek

Agreed Paulco.

Must admit I can't remember the last time I enjoyed it as much. Think all the new faces was the main reason.

Also thought all our guys had no issue with the track which hasn't always been the same. Cause for optimism this year!

Lemon was unfortunate when he got into a bit of a fankle when we were on a 5-1 , seemed to get to close to it . But we got gifted a 5-1 later on when Sedgmen's chain seemed to snap , so that evened things . Lykke and Thomsen gives us real hope in the early weeks till Berge drops to reseve

Lemon was unfortunate when he got into a bit of a fankle when we were on a 5-1 , seemed to get to close to it . But we got gifted a 5-1 later on when Sedgmen's chain seemed to snap , so that evened things . Lykke and Thomsen gives us real hope in the early weeks till Berge drops to reseve

Thomsen - looked a different rider. Must have traded in his Dyson for a Jawa.

Lykke - send him to Steve Lawson for a week's worth of starting practice.

Berge - I'm hoping he was just told tonight to go out, do some laps at the back, and leave in the van he came in and not one with a flashing blue light.

Thomsen - looked a different rider. Must have traded in his Dyson for a Jawa.

Lykke - send him to Steve Lawson for a week's worth of starting practice.

Berge - I'm hoping he was just told tonight to go out, do some laps at the back, and leave in the van he came in and not one with a flashing blue light.

Berge looked a bit wild in his opening ride , before he eventually fell . Was more tentative after that . Difficult place to make your debut . We'll see more from him on bigger tracks

Berge looked a bit wild in his opening ride , before he eventually fell . Was more tentative after that . Difficult place to make your debut . We'll see more from him on bigger tracks

Starting tomorrow night hopefully!

Decent sized crowd as well tonight , with a fair few from Glasgow there . Hope it gets reciprocated on Sunday . Edinburgh's air fence does look mightily impressive

• Like 1

Decent sized crowd as well tonight , with a fair few from Glasgow there . Hope it gets reciprocated on Sunday . Edinburgh's air fence does look mightily impressive

Hoping to make the trip through on Sunday hopefully with it being in the afternoon it won't be as cold! do you know in ashfield has it own "micro-climate" or not?