British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midland Red

Coventry V Birmingham, 28 Mar 14

There was a rumour flying about he was a taxi driver in Poland!

a man with the same name would appear as part of Thomas Gollob's back up crew on his website, I'm guessing as his driver though my grasp of polish is admittedly non existent. Although a driver I would guess the close link to the Gollobs definately wouldn't rule him out being bydgoszcz's track man.

The bickering has to stop and stadium owners and speedway need to kiss and make up and get speedway back. Problems is no one on either side has a clue about track preparation, might have been different if Colin Pratt was still involved. It therefore is down to the track curator to do the job. Unfortunately however good the new man might be his lack of English is a big problem. The translation does not always mean the same thing. The damage was done in the winter repairs. The hole dug on the first bend had to fill with water, and no doubt still is. On top of that was put very wet shale, which probably still is very wet. With some warm sunshine, a racing surface might eventually begin to emerge. Probably needs a stock car meeting to rip it up. Yesterdays call off was unfortunate, but with someone on board who knew about racing surfaces, it perhaps could have been called off earlier, and would have saved me setting out. Fortunately I had a tip off, when I pulled into the M42 services, if only a portion of the rain that was then coming down had reached Brandon, the meeting could not possible have started.

• Like 1

So let me get this right, The Polonia Bydgoszcz track man is not good enough for Brandon stadium?

The arrogance of the British astonishes me, Me and my fellow Romanians have had enough of your attitude and your 'we are better than you' mentality.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans
  • Like 2

So let me get this right, The Polonia Bydgoszcz track man is not good enough for Brandon stadium?

The arrogance of the British astonishes me, Me and my fellow Romanians have had enough of your attitude and your 'we are better than you' mentality.

We will help you pack.

• Like 9

Would it be so difficult for someone from the club put out a truthful statement clearing up once and for all what the hell is going on instead of all the petty sniping at one another. I had a 100 mile round trip yesterday which was a total waste of time and money, add into that my 10 year old sons disappointment when at 6.40 we get there to find a board at the entrance saying speedway cancelled and the area was bone dry, No explanation why. The last two years at the club have been a disgrace and a total embarrassment from top to bottom with no exception. The fans have been SHAT on from a great height and there seems to be no sign of it ending this season. Was looking forward to this year but all enthusiasm have been kicked out of me already

Why's he the inocent party?. He should have been at the track at some point during the morning to ensure all is in hand, if You lot are very quick to defend horton, why?

Not me, I agree fully he should of got his arse over to the stadium to see what was going on.

If it's the same track curator that did the GP at Bydgoszcz then they had problems with the track for the GP last year. The track for practice was apparently very bad and the riders were very unhappy as was Tony Olsson, in fact after breakfast the following morning & discussing it with Armando Castagna, he headed to the track to give it to them in no uncertain terms and oversee the prep to make sure it was rideable. That's a track he's meant to be used to -says it all really!

• Like 1

Of course the track they ultimately prepared that day resulted in one of the greatest gps of all time..

Of course the track they ultimately prepared that day resulted in one of the greatest gps of all time..

Granted but that was only after intervention from Tony Olsson and him remaining at the track to oversee track preparations as he did not want the GP called off!

Not me, I agree fully he should of got his arse over to the stadium to see what was going on.

Thank you. It seems many on here just want to bury their heads in the sand..

Edited by Starman2006