British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midland Red

Coventry V Birmingham, 28 Mar 14

So when do we think mick will decide to go and have a look at the track, maybe Friday at 6pm.

As soon as the whole crowd of 200 mugs have paid to get in.....

In the Coventry Observer Horton is quoted as saying he is 'hopeful' it will go ahead on Friday and also says for the sake of the club, himself and the stadium will have to agree to disagree. I think thats the attitude they have to take, the mud slinging doesnt help.

• Like 5

To have such a public spat does no one any good whatsoever and makes the club look terrible.

What the hell is it with sport in Coventry? Not the place to live for sports fans it seems. problems with both major sports.

• Like 1

To have such a public spat does no one any good whatsoever and makes the club look terrible.

What the hell is it with sport in Coventry? Not the place to live for sports fans it seems. problems with both major sports.

Both close to my heart, its all a bit stressful Steve!

• Like 3

Dont tell me that the Tiddlywinks team is having problems!

Cov FC having to move was bad enough.

It has been horrible, the track has always been good to race on and have great memories over the years. Really hope they sorted it out between them. Fans and riders really looking forward to start of season.

Heartbreaking that Brandon will be gone in 3 years, even worse that it could be gone sooner

• Like 1

what ever happened to Ronnie Russell's track drying machine....? think it was him..!

Has there ever been a better time for the Russell brothers to step forward and save the future of Elite League Speedway at Brandon....

• Like 1

what ever happened to Ronnie Russell's track drying machine....? think it was him..!

Has there ever been a better time for the Russell brothers to step forward and save the future of Elite League Speedway at Brandon....

It was Colin Meredith who built the Drier but don,t know why it didn,t take off it was nothing to do with the Russell Brothers

Sounds to me as SISU have bought Brandon Stadium............ :icon_smile_clown:

It was Colin Meredith who built the Drier but don,t know why it didn,t take off it was nothing to do with the Russell Brothers

Not enough thrust under the wings? :D

• Like 2

Not enough thrust under the wings? :D

They adjusted the thrust and it took off never to be seen again, nor anything heard from the bloke sat on it.

• Like 1

They adjusted the thrust and it took off never to be seen again, nor anything heard from the bloke sat on it.

This is beginning to sound like a load of Hot Air to me,, :D

This is beginning to sound like a load of Hot Air to me,, :D

The machine or FlyinPanther

• Like 1

Dont tell me that the Tiddlywinks team is having problems!

Cov FC having to move was bad enough.

Cov FC are still at the Butts Park Arena, and getting bigger crowds than the Bees could hope to these days. I take it you mean Coventry City FC?

Cov FC are still at the Butts Park Arena, and getting bigger crowds than the Bees could hope to these days. I take it you mean Coventry City FC?

Are you sure? I thought they struggle to get 1,000 through the gates these days.

Edit: Just read on there website last season their crowds varied from 600-1100, Bees probably a bit higher than that but hard to know for sure.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1